Heat suggestions?

Thread: Heat suggestions?

Heat suggestions?

The temps are back in the 90's in south Texas and only going to rise from here. Does anyone who lives(d) in a hot climate have a suggestion for the undercarriage heat on the B? It isn't the roast your crotch variety that comes off the back cylinder of a V twin. It's more of a cloud that sort of emanates up around the shins and moves upwards to waist level. Not scorching, but kind of stifling.

Does a belly pan help at all with this? What about other exhaust shields of a heartier variety, i.e. ceramic or carbon fiber? Any suggestions welcome.

Jason

I think it is just something that we all have come realize we
    will have to live with.
    Here in Maryland we get the upper 90s with the same humidity, one reason
    we pray to have the swamp emptied.
    I have crossed the country and even thrown a wet towel around each leg and prayed for rain..
    But I have just kept thinking,Man this bike just runs great no matter what the weather.
    Too bad our creator did not equip us for all things we would go through.

Do you have the little wing things under the mirrors?

No, sorcerer, I don't. I was thinking about getting those. I read somewhere that they increase turbulence when directed towards the rider, but I'm not sure if that was with aMad5tad or not, which is what I have. That's probably my next purchase. But I was hoping someone on here would say they had this issue and *this solved it.

Jason

I've rode a lot of HOT BIKES & the B is not a problem compared to the rest. =============== suggest wings

I'm not sure if I should be happy that I don't have that problem or not. I don't think it even hit 60 here yesterday. I'm still waiting to feel warm on my bike.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

The belly pan doesn't help with heat that I've noticed. I can't say that it makes any heat issues either. But it's something that I wouldn't want to run without.

I just added some Baker hand wings at Xmas. I really liked them with the cold weather riding. They really blocked off a great deal of the wind to my hands.

Yesterday I took a ride and temps were around 90. At first I forgot the wings were still closed but there was a good bit of heat coming up off the radiators. Not unbearable but annoying. Then I flipped them open and it helped. I'm considering removing them for warmer temps.

I didn't have any issue with wind blast or buffeting but I did prefer the air flow without them. And I am running a mad5stad as well
    2015 matte silver F6B

I have never felt engine heat is a problem with the B. In hot weather which we have a lot of here in the Southwest I ride with a a cool vest under my jacket. A cool vest works best when worn under a jacket to keep the wind from drying it out. I usually re wet the vest every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I also wear a Mission Endura cool neck wrap. It is surprising how much it helps to have the endura cool around your neck. I also am very careful to stay hydrated.

Ride safe
    Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I have never felt engine heat is a problem with the B. In hot weather which we have a lot of here in the Southwest I ride with a a cool vest under my jacket. A cool vest works best when worn under a jacket to keep the wind from drying it out. I usually re wet the vest every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I also wear a Mission Endura cool neck wrap. It is surprising how much it helps to have the endura cool around your neck. I also am very careful to stay hydrated.

Ride safe
    Wingrider
    +1
    (Hi, D!)
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Hand wings when closed bring in heat from the radiator. When open they cause turbulence. Better to remove them if they cause too much buffeting
    when open. Just use mine in cold weather.
    ITS ALL GOOD