Heat suggestions?

Thread: Heat suggestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The belly pan doesn't help with heat that I've noticed. I can't say that it makes any heat issues either. But it's something that I wouldn't want to run without.

I just added some Baker hand wings at Xmas. I really liked them with the cold weather riding. They really blocked off a great deal of the wind to my hands.

Yesterday I took a ride and temps were around 90. At first I forgot the wings were still closed but there was a good bit of heat coming up off the radiators. Not unbearable but annoying. Then I flipped them open and it helped. I'm considering removing them for warmer temps.

I didn't have any issue with wind blast or buffeting but I did prefer the air flow without them. And I am running a mad5stad as well
    2015 matte silver F6B

I have never felt engine heat is a problem with the B. In hot weather which we have a lot of here in the Southwest I ride with a a cool vest under my jacket. A cool vest works best when worn under a jacket to keep the wind from drying it out. I usually re wet the vest every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I also wear a Mission Endura cool neck wrap. It is surprising how much it helps to have the endura cool around your neck. I also am very careful to stay hydrated.

Ride safe
    Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I have never felt engine heat is a problem with the B. In hot weather which we have a lot of here in the Southwest I ride with a a cool vest under my jacket. A cool vest works best when worn under a jacket to keep the wind from drying it out. I usually re wet the vest every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I also wear a Mission Endura cool neck wrap. It is surprising how much it helps to have the endura cool around your neck. I also am very careful to stay hydrated.

Ride safe
    Wingrider
    +1
    (Hi, D!)
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"