Bourbon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon

Bourbon

I like a good bourbon, also like the fact it is all American and made no where else. I don't spend the big bucks for the really top shelf stuff but have found several I like in the 25 to 40 buck range. A few of my favs are Buffalo Trace, its more expensive brother Eagle Rare, Four Roses, and currently going through a bottle of Bird Dog. Waiting to be opened is Jefferson extremely small batch. Looking to try soon Makers 46 and Redemption High Rye. Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek are also well liked. Do you have a favorite to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I like a good bourbon, also like the fact it is all American and made no where else. I don't spend the big bucks for the really top shelf stuff but have found several I like in the 25 to 40 buck range. A few of my favs are Buffalo Trace, its more expensive brother Eagle Rare, Four Roses, and currently going through a bottle of Bird Dog. Waiting to be opened is Jefferson extremely small batch. Looking to try soon Makers 46 and Redemption High Rye. Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek are also well liked. Do you have a favorite to recommend?
    Bulleit. I like most of those you mentioned, but always seem to come back to Bulleit.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

I do like bulleit rye. Their 10 year is terrible. I have been a fan of wheated bourbons lately. Makers and Larceny mostly. Also I recently found “old scout” an American whiskey. It is terrific!

Of course the best way to drink what you like best is to make your own....
    Last edited by P.Sutton; 05-17-2018 at 08:40 AM.

I recently liked a bottle of that Larceny. I like the story behind how it came to be named also.

BSB by Heritage Bay, it's a little distiller out of Gig Harbor, WA. BSB = Brown Sugar Bourbon. Before xmas I was diagnosed with food allergies and one of the things I had to cut back on was beer...Still working on sipping my liquor vs drinking a beer. BSB is on of the few I've been able to drink straight but it does taste better with pineapple juice.

Well I'm going to try out your Heritage Bay distillery. Ordered two bottles, the brown sugar and the regular. Almost went for the high altitude brown sugar also but cost was getting out of hand.

I hope you enjoy them. The High Altitude BSB had more of a straight bourbon bite to me. My tastes have adjusted a bit since then an I need to give it another try. Another local option is Chambers Bay, they have a somewhat unique aging process using barrels aboard barges in the Puget Sound. I have yet to have their bourbon, however their vodka is excellent and if you like hot things they offer a ghost pepper infused whisky that's interesting. I'm touring their distillery this weekend and will be sampling all their other products.

Sorry, when you say bourbon it's like a dog whistle to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I hope you enjoy them. The High Altitude BSB had more of a straight bourbon bite to me. My tastes have adjusted a bit since then an I need to give it another try. Another local option is Chambers Bay, they have a somewhat unique aging process using barrels aboard barges in the Puget Sound. I have yet to have their bourbon, however their vodka is excellent and if you like hot things they offer a ghost pepper infused whisky that's interesting. I'm touring their distillery this weekend and will be sampling all their other products.
    Jefferson’s also has “Jefferson’s ocean” which is aged on a freight ship. They have different voyages and each is unique depending on where the ship travels. Voyage 8 was very good but 9 not as much. It is a bit spendy as well.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

The tour was interesting and informative. They're still a very small outfit. I felt their Greenhorn Bourbon actually went down smoother than their signature one.