Nail in tire - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nail in tire

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    Found it! So about a month ago, I was cleaning my rear wheel rim, not that you have to with these blacked-out deals! So much better than Chrome!, but anyhow, I noticed one of those wait things they put on the rim when balancing tires, had came loose, I pulled it off, clean the rim, and put it back on with 3M tape two-sided, actually a little surprised that it even lasted for the last couple thousand miles, but it was rubbing up against my brake caliper, and it was kind of shaved down like it had been happening for a while, I guess I got to get some type of a sticky putty to put on that puppy? I've heard before that those balancers don't really mean crap, thoughts? Just take it off?
    Tires should be balanced; either statically with weights or dynamically (as in Dynabeads).

Your at half life with the rear anyway now? another 3-4 thousands miles and you'll need new rubber. If you were able to replace the weight in the same spot, ...that bike!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If you used the white double face tape you used the wrong product. If the weight is not to chewed up you need to use automotive trim tape found at auto parts stores. It’s not cheap.

plug it == dyne beads work great, been using them for 12 years. 100+mph smooth as silk. 1oz in the front; 2oz in the rear is what I use in my AVON's

Yep, dynabeads are the way to go. No worry about lost weights. No ugly weights. They just work. I've been over 100 MPH with them and no issues ever.
    Hoff aka Brian
    2016 F6B Deluxe in Matte White

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Yep, dynabeads are the way to go. No worry about lost weights. No ugly weights. They just work. I've been over 100 MPH with them and no issues ever.
    ....except

...if you plug a tire while using Dyna Beads; a portion of the beads will stick to the plug on the inside. How many of them? How much Dyna Bead weight will be statically transferred to the plug?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    If you used the white double face tape you used the wrong product. If the weight is not to chewed up you need to use automotive trim tape found at auto parts stores. It’s not cheap.
    So good news after removing the metal piece, no leaks!! As far as weight, took it to shop that put tires on and they put on a new set of black ones to match rims...solved. thanks all
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

wow, just realize i got 7k on these bridgestones and lots of rubber, guessing anothe 4 to 5k.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Dyne beads = 1oz in the front, 2oz in the rear is what I used on my AVON's, smooth as silk @ 100mph+