Rode a 2018 DCT today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rode a 2018 DCT today

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Stopped by the dealer today on my quest to find the perfect bike. Getting closer...

Took a 2018 Wing DCT out for a 2 hour excursion. It took about 30 seconds to get used to the narrower bar setup and more nimble steering. The DCT was kinda funky at first. Sport mode was like a Ducati XDiavel launch control. This would be a fun bike for the drag strip. It was pretty aggressive on the downshift in Sport mode. Tour was ho hum. Rain and Econ were blasé. Manual mode was ok on upshifting but thought it was smarter than me on the downshift. Nice big Nav screen staring me in the face...we’ll actually, staring me in the chest. I felt like a circus bear riding a trike! At 6’4” with a 35” inseam, it was just too small a frame for my liking. Ride was cut short because I hated the bike. Back onto my matte grey F6B and off to the BMW dealer. Took the K1600B Grand America with speed shift package out for a rip. Wow, what a Bike! That’s going to be my next bike after I sell one of my kidneys!...but that’s another story.
    Yeah I took the DCT out, now I want to check out the 2018 Goldwing non tour, manual. I hated the DCT, I test drove a 1600 a few times, I just do not think it handles near as well as the F6B, my next bike moving from a 2013 probably to a 2016 F6B LOL
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Short person + tall bike? Not really a problem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YId9Pr_RlIo
    That isn't a tall bike.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    That isn't a tall bike.
    It is for him.