North West 200 Road Racing

Thread: North West 200 Road Racing

North West 200 Road Racing

Hi Everyone,

If you want to enjoy some road racing from this years North West 200 Northern Ireland, then you can. You can watch world wide coverage courtesy of the BBC from their website. The weather forecast is good, so there will be lots of elbows out, paint swapping, 200mph racing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/nor...eland/43801718
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Hello Paul,
    I've tried to find a source for these races, but the BBC feed isn't available here in Vancouver BC Canada.... not sure why. I have a Moto GP subscription already, if I could buy the same sort of access for the road racing, I would...
    Btw, My wife and I and another couple will be passing through your way (Inverness) late August to tour the North Coast 500 on the bikes. ... Looking forward to it. Perhaps you could recommend a good Pub?

Hi DarkKnt,

The 2018 NW 200 Highlights are now on YouTube, that and the Cookstown 100 are worth a look. Not sure why you couldn't watch it yesterday as they brag about it being available world wide! Have you tried watching British Superbikes on Eurosport? I know they have a player you can subscribe to. Most of these riders take part in BSB, and it is one of the most competitive racing championships in the world. You'll enjoy the NC500, the scenery is breath taking, but it's gonna be busy As for a good pub, as you can imagine there are a few, but ones that I would use are The Waterfront Hotel, The Beaufort Hotel, they both have parking. The Castle Tavern, Number 27. If you want bagpipe music on tap then Hootananny is where to go. BUT if you have a bit of time on your hands, you should take a wee trip out to the Dores Inn on the shores of Loch Ness. It's a fabulous place where the food, beer and view is worth a look.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Thanks for that. We did want to see Loch Ness! We were hoping that the last weeks of the summer holiday would see things winding down a bit; not so?

After a long and very cold Winter, it seems that the Scottish Spring and Summer have arrived together and that route is already attracting lots of traffic, mostly bikes I have to say. I've not been out yet and I am laid up with a broken leg! One of my pals and 6-8 of his friends have been riding the NC500 for the last few weeks, and he says it's busy. But it's all weather dependent. Loch Ness is only 15 minutes away from town, so you'll have plenty of time to go have a look. Here are the 2 Highlight shows from the NW200, but you might not be able to view them if YouTube is being a pain! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_31NscWqIA&t=611s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0U71GKd8sM