Thought I'd share my experience changing the brake pads on my B.

First of all, the good news...did the fronts in about 10 minutes, not kidding...out with the old, in with the new, done.

The rear however, gave me an issue. I actually started in the rear first. Did what I saw on the youtube video by Partzilla. With a screwdriver, forced the pistons in. Took the pin out and the pads slipped right out on their own. But, I evidently didn't get the top piston pushed in all the way and couldn't for the life of me get the new thicker pad to slide all the way up. I tried, believe me. Minimal tools on hand didn't help. Kept trying to use the old pad to force it in more...tried over and over but it wasn't having it. Not sure if it's frozen and won't go any further or not. Never had a brake issue in the past, just thought it was time, after having looked a thin front pad a couple weeks ago. The old pads look perfectly worn to half, no evidence of problems. It rained and I haven't had a chance to road test it yet.

The good news about this is the old ones being half worn, are back in again. So, having the patience of an ant, it beat me this time. Having 37K on her, I shouldn't have to worry too soon about changing them. Maybe next rear tire change with more room to maneuver.