Cortez CO Rally, 2018

Thread: Cortez CO Rally, 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So much I want to see and roads I want to ride. I really like CR 141 up close to Gateway but don't see a way to incorporate it into a loop. Was already looking at the ride through Lake City and Creede in a loop that includes 92 in Gunnison and (550) Silverton, Ouray etc. It would be a full day alone but now I want Monarch Pass also. So will it be two days to the North East and one to the North West? I think I need about a week. The Skyway looks like an easy to do loop and certainly the million dollar highway is worthy of two trips.

Million dollar hwy is a good trip. You're not going to need 2 trips but I guess you could. Down and back through telluride gets you Dallas pass lizard head pass and the cool town of Rico on your way back through Delores. Gateway and 141 is epic....the loop down through creeds and lake city is awesome you get to do slumgullion pass which has an awesome overlook. When you come out come up through Trinidad and over to laveta you will go through a town called cuchara. That is a great ride most people miss when coming here to Colorado they go to Chama and come in that way to pagosa. Which is also epic over Chama pass and the old Toltec railroad. (Still running). There r so many her in Colorado it's hard to do in short trip but gateway is pretty spectacular.
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail