Cortez CO Rally, 2018 - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cortez CO Rally, 2018

F6Bster: Made it to Cortez later on Tuesday. Route 160 is a pretty cool road coming across. Not as good with the truck and trailer. Left the Truck and Trailer in Cortez yesterday morning and rode down to the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest. One of our friends that helps us rode a Spyder out here, so I got our Spyder F3 out of the trailer to ride for the next few days. Going to be a Spyder Rider for the week.
    Not the same, but still a lot of fun.

I'll be picking up Route 160 Wednesday via Walensburg after leaving Raton (where I'll be staying overnight Tues).

Looks great on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer
    I'll be picking up Route 160 Wednesday via Walensburg after leaving Raton (where I'll be staying overnight Tues).

Looks great on the map.
    As F6Dave posted earlier. After you cross Raton Pass and drop down into Trinidad, Head west on CO-12 (Hwy of Legends). Great ride through Stonewall and then up over Cuchara Pass to LaVeta to US-160 West. It is very nice!!!!

glad you made it safe!

[QUOTE=RickW;169595]Made it to Cortez later on Tuesday. Route 160 is a pretty cool road coming across. Not as good with the truck and trailer. Left the Truck and Trailer in Cortez yesterday morning and rode down to the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest. One of our friends that helps us rode a Spyder out here, so I got our Spyder F3 out of the trailer to ride for the next few days. Going to be a Spyder Rider for the week.
    Not the same, but still a lot of fun.
    See you all next week.

Good to hear. I'll be picking up this road in Walsenburg coming from Rock Ford after staying the night in Goodland, KS.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    As F6Dave posted earlier. After you cross Raton Pass and drop down into Trinidad, Head west on CO-12 (Hwy of Legends). Great ride through Stonewall and then up over Cuchara Pass to LaVeta to US-160 West. It is very nice!!!!
    Thanks for the info Dave. I'll be making that CO-12 west adjustment on my trip from Raton.

I'm doing the Hiway of Legends (12) from Trinidad myself, then Charma, up to South Fork, Creede, Lake City, Gunnison area with an out and back on 92 before heading down on the million Dollar Hiway to Cortez. Hope to be in Trinidad by Monday afternoon to have time to do that northern loop..

Can't wait to feel some of those less than 70 deg temps.

I am going to be in Cortez Monday afternoon and plan on riding Co-149 (Creede, Lake City etc) on Tuesday. I plan on an early start and will probably be fueling at the Conoco in South Fork between 9:30 and 10:00 AM if you want to try and hook up. I may have another bike with me.

See you next week
    Az Wingrider

That would be great. I will set my plans on South Fork for 9:30. Plenty of things to make that not happen but something to aim for. Mike 850-748-3748
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I am going to be in Cortez Monday afternoon and plan on riding Co-149 (Creede, Lake City etc) on Tuesday. I plan on an early start and will probably be fueling at the Conoco in South Fork between 9:30 and 10:00 AM if you want to try and hook up. I may have another bike with me.

See you next week
    Az Wingrider

See you in South Fork

Az Wingrider
    Dwight 602-625-9892