BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    I went a little different route.
    First I used a Kuryakyn Rear Accessory Harness to easily break into the Bikes Running and Brake Circuitry.
    I did not really want the main top light flashing. I decided to go with a Signal Dynamics Back-Off XP, this will flash LED's. There are others you can use but I have had good luck with those and have been on bikes for over 10 years.
    The Back-Off along with all of the wiring is going to a 5 connector flat Trailer harness which connects to the removable back piece on the bike.
    I have a Show Chrome LED License Frame with LED Turn-signals, Lower Lighted Trim and Red Skinni Minni's all on the back removable section. The Skinni Minni's are also set up for duel running and brakes by using a Eclipze2 Module, LED Single to Dual Intensity Converter.
    The Lower Trim LED's along with the License Plate LED's will flash opposite of the Red Skinni Minni's when applying the brakes. A very good attention getter when hitting the brakes. The rest of the time the Red LED's look good and really light up the back of the bike a lot.

Great Job Rick! I like this set-up.

Pulsating Brake Light Controller

I have an extra Pulsating Brake Light Controller by Kuryakyn
    It blinks all the brake lights... connects under the seat

Wingstuff gets $62.99 for them... I need at least $35 if you're interested

Blaster X modulator

For the blaster x modulator its one wire in and one out. Any reason I cant combine the two brake light wires right before the bulbs into one to connect to modulator??

TIR3

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Steve git the tir3, but need help with wiring conections...any help ?

Raul
    Kissimmee fl

Brake light modulator

I recently purchased a Signal Dynamics brake light flasher. Where is the best place to tie in and to mount it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    While it is true the TIR3 has several programmable modes, there is NOT a mode that flashes for a few seconds and then is steady-on. The available modes offer various blinking patterns and there is a steady-on mode as well. That is why I chose the HyperLite since it is designed to blink for a few seconds and they stay steady-on. Having also installed the TIR3, I initially programmed it to simply be steady-on but I wound up allowing it to flash continually as well. An oncoming driver behind me will have to be pretty much out of it to not notice me stopping. Having additional flashing lights on the rear of my bike is my way of having a little extra insurance against being rear-ended.
    Ken - I guess I have an "old OLD" TIR3. I have a mode that blinks 3 times then stays on.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce