BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    Hey Steve,

I assume yours is a Whelen TIR3. Does it just strobe once the brake light is applied? Does it ever come to a solid red? I'm looking for a similar light that will strobe with my brake light/flasher and then go solid red. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Hey Bama, see my post: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...eripheral-PTR7

The PTR7 can be programmed for a host applications.

Yes, there are 10 different programs.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

While it is true the TIR3 has several programmable modes, there is NOT a mode that flashes for a few seconds and then is steady-on. The available modes offer various blinking patterns and there is a steady-on mode as well. That is why I chose the HyperLite since it is designed to blink for a few seconds and they stay steady-on. Having also installed the TIR3, I initially programmed it to simply be steady-on but I wound up allowing it to flash continually as well. An oncoming driver behind me will have to be pretty much out of it to not notice me stopping. Having additional flashing lights on the rear of my bike is my way of having a little extra insurance against being rear-ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Having additional flashing lights on the rear of my bike is my way of having a little extra insurance against being rear-ended.

Unless...you are in San Francisco for a colonoscopy.

Blaster X modulator

I had the customled blaster x on my v star and liked it, guess it will work on f6b???

dedicated brake light circuit?

does f6b have dedicated brake circuit?

Quote Originally Posted by albryant7` View Post
    does f6b have dedicated brake circuit?
    Maybe I don't exactly know what you're asking but in order for the brake light to work without triggering any other lights, wouldn't it have to be on a dedicated circuit?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Maybe I don't exactly know what you're asking but in order for the brake light to work without triggering any other lights, wouldn't it have to be on a dedicated circuit?
    I went a little different route.
    First I used a Kuryakyn Rear Accessory Harness to easily break into the Bikes Running and Brake Circuitry.
    I did not really want the main top light flashing. I decided to go with a Signal Dynamics Back-Off XP, this will flash LED's. There are others you can use but I have had good luck with those and have been on bikes for over 10 years.
    The Back-Off along with all of the wiring is going to a 5 connector flat Trailer harness which connects to the removable back piece on the bike.
    I have a Show Chrome LED License Frame with LED Turn-signals, Lower Lighted Trim and Red Skinni Minni's all on the back removable section. The Skinni Minni's are also set up for duel running and brakes by using a Eclipze2 Module, LED Single to Dual Intensity Converter.
    The Lower Trim LED's along with the License Plate LED's will flash opposite of the Red Skinni Minni's when applying the brakes. A very good attention getter when hitting the brakes. The rest of the time the Red LED's look good and really light up the back of the bike a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    I went a little different route.
    First I used a Kuryakyn Rear Accessory Harness to easily break into the Bikes Running and Brake Circuitry.
    I did not really want the main top light flashing. I decided to go with a Signal Dynamics Back-Off XP, this will flash LED's. There are others you can use but I have had good luck with those and have been on bikes for over 10 years.
    The Back-Off along with all of the wiring is going to a 5 connector flat Trailer harness which connects to the removable back piece on the bike.
    I have a Show Chrome LED License Frame with LED Turn-signals, Lower Lighted Trim and Red Skinni Minni's all on the back removable section. The Skinni Minni's are also set up for duel running and brakes by using a Eclipze2 Module, LED Single to Dual Intensity Converter.
    The Lower Trim LED's along with the License Plate LED's will flash opposite of the Red Skinni Minni's when applying the brakes. A very good attention getter when hitting the brakes. The rest of the time the Red LED's look good and really light up the back of the bike a lot.

Good stuff Rick!! Thanks
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Nice

Yea nice set up!