Eliminating left turns from commute ... re: crackheads - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eliminating left turns from commute ... re: crackheads

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
    Not sure the RCW means "...stay to the left side of a lane..."

Excerpt..
    (2) Left turns. The driver of a vehicle intending to turn left shall approach the turn in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle. Whenever practicable the left turn shall be made to the left of the center of the intersection and so as to leave the intersection or other location in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the same direction as the vehicle on the roadway being entered.
    What that particular RCW doesn't call out is that is illegal to pass on the right in WA except under specific circumstances. If I remember correctly generally you are only allowed to pass on the right when a vehicle is in a defined turn lane or in a carpool lane. The other acceptation, in WA, is you are allowed to pass a vehicle waiting to make a left turn on the right if you can safely do so without leaving the pavement. Visitors to the state will notice a large percentage of WA drivers will swing to the right before making a left to prevent you from going around them and if you do still have room to pass on the right if you hit the gravel shoulder you can be sited for it.

Thanks Will

This turned into an enlightening discussion. I am glad I brought it up!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6