What are your riding jams? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your riding jams?

Hair Nation, Ozzy's Boneyard and Octane... Might be a bit of a Metal Head

I use a flash drive connected in the saddlebag. Need to add some more songs to it but most of it is Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat right now.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I use a flash drive connected in the saddlebag. Need to add some more songs to it but most of it is Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    I run it thru a BT Dongle in the saddle bag so I can change songs and such thru the handle bar controls.
    That seems like it would be the perfect scenario with an XM, I wonder if that's possible, that would be nice to be able to have and view XM channel using controls on left handlebar and be able to see the channel on our screen, no extra stuff hanging on the handle bar. I need to research that

I wanted xm, plus my phone with my own music and a gps. I hooked up an xm radio I had laying around, but all the wires were just too much with trying to have a gps and phone. I had the xm hooked up to a bluetooth transmitter....it was a lot going on. I got on ebay and found a zumo 665lm (gps with xm), ran the wires and used a ram ball mount. I have to say this worked out very well. One nice neat little unit with xm, gps, mp3 player, weather and traffic, and the bluetooth hooks up with my phone and helmet
    I did a 750 mile trip Saturday/Sunday down to the riverwalk in San Antonio, had good reception all the way. Sunday we got rain and I have the zumo hooked up with xm weather, and I was able to get alerts and see the radar while riding, and dodge the weather. I am very happy with this set up.

I listen to classic rock (ch 25), some blues, some 70's and 80's, and some Fox jews sprinkled in. My thumb drive in the saddle bag is mostly classic rock, 60's-80's.

Edit: the Fox jews was a typo, I meant news, but that was funny enough to leave there.
    Last edited by STRaider; 05-24-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Now that sounds like a nice set up, if I only had the money. I have GPS on right side and XM on left side with my phone in the center cubby. When I ride it's like being at work in the office....
    Hate phone calls.

Lol, NPR or local classical radio if I listen to anything besides the road.

Jason

Anything between Cheap Trick and Metallica, with Gary Moore, Stevie Ray, and Alter Bridge in the middle kind of. Hard rocker here and I'm not stopping now.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    Now that sounds like a nice set up, if I only had the money. I have GPS on right side and XM on left side with my phone in the center cubby. When I ride it's like being at work in the office....
    Hate phone calls.
    The only thing better would be to have it all built in. After having all those devices and wires, I started thinking of upgrading to a 2018 Wing. This has calmed the storm of wanting to upgrade and get all the gadgets. The zumo was pricey, but I figured it saved me $26,000.00 or so.

Engelbert Humperdincks greatest hit.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    The only thing better would be to have it all built in. After having all those devices and wires, I started thinking of upgrading to a 2018 Wing. This has calmed the storm of wanting to upgrade and get all the gadgets. The zumo was pricey, but I figured it saved me $26,000.00 or so.
    Lol. I was on this board six months ago blabbing about getting a 2020 GW for the same reasons as above. I am just keeping mine and investing the saved $25,000 into an occasional training, top level riding gear, a Zumo 665 like you have, and a second bike ... HA! ... and will still have money left over!

As for music, it depends on my purpose for the ride. Heading into work on my 45 minute commute, it is the Brother Wease Show, and NPR during commercial breaks; the iPhone gets plugged in on the way home or on pleasure rides and is on "shuffle", sifting through my 1,320 songs.

I have a wide variety of taste ... just yesterday, I recall hearing "65 Love Affair" by Paul Simon; "If I Were a Boy", by Beyonce; "Is it Really Love" by Mr. Mister; "New World Man" by Rush; "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" by Dwight Yoakam (a top ten riding song, IMO) on my way home.

I would say if one genre dominated over the others, it would be 70s lite rock (America, Little River Band, etc). I am 42 y/o.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6