What are your riding jams? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your riding jams?

iPod Touch with 200+ gigs of storage....not much of it still empty.

However, the short list is:

Billy Idol
    Blondie
    Talking Heads
    Robert Palmer
    Blue Nile
    Van Morrison
    Doors
    Gary Moore
    John Lee Hooker
    B.B. King
    The Mavericks
    The Blue Hawaiians
    Johnny Adams
    Robert Lucas
    Doc Pomus
    Chris Isaak
    Last edited by SimonTemplar; 05-26-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I've been jamming with some Joe Bonamassa lately. Normally not into blues but he's GOOD.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    Current favorites are Sinatra channel, 60's, 70's All Eagles channel, I know I am dating myself! Let the fun begin.....);
    good stuff! Yeah I love those 60 70 80 channels
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

awesome advice on jams hookup, and jam selection for sure! Thanks for sharing everyone! Keep them coming, I'm going to try to listen to at least one selection from every post, as far as what I ended up doing, I actually downloaded the XM app for Android! I don't know if it's a free trial or what, but I get everything,including Howard Stern, I know I know Howard Stern what a smut Master, but it 53, I do enjoy his interviews, he has some pretty big names on there now,but back to XM application, it is phenomenal, no worrying about antenna, wires, Etc, if this is just a temporary for free gig, I will definitely be calling them up and going for a subscription. And speaking of subscriptions, my wife and I found out the trick on that, for our cars,you get 6 months basically for 30 bucks if you keep calling to cancel, we put it on our Google Calendar when to call up and tell them you want to cancel and they keep giving you the $30 for 6 month deal.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Lol. I was on this board six months ago blabbing about getting a 2020 GW for the same reasons as above. I am just keeping mine and investing the saved $25,000 into an occasional training, top level riding gear, a Zumo 665 like you have, and a second bike ... HA! ... and will still have money left over!

As for music, it depends on my purpose for the ride. Heading into work on my 45 minute commute, it is the Brother Wease Show, and NPR during commercial breaks; the iPhone gets plugged in on the way home or on pleasure rides and is on "shuffle", sifting through my 1,320 songs.

I have a wide variety of taste ... just yesterday, I recall hearing "65 Love Affair" by Paul Simon; "If I Were a Boy", by Beyonce; "Is it Really Love" by Mr. Mister; "New World Man" by Rush; "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" by Dwight Yoakam (a top ten riding song, IMO) on my way home.

I would say if one genre dominated over the others, it would be 70s lite rock (America, Little River Band, etc). I am 42 y/o.

dang I forgot about that Rush new world man! Definitely adding that to a playlist

so it looks like when you download the app, for Sirius, XM, they are giving it to you for free until May 29th, then it looks like if you have a paid subscription, you may be able to stream for free! I'm going to wait until the free stuff runs out, and then plug in my information for my car, and keep my fingers crossed, I know there's going to be times if I don't have 4G internet connection I won't be able to use, but 90% of the time I'm just driving around town anywhere where my 4G is strong. I guess you have the same outage on cloudy days with an XM antenna, I'm digging the application right now! Still feed it through my normal 3.5 plug I've been using to listen to YouTube, I am happy that XM plays even when your screen shut off, saves battery just like Pandora, all the news channels are there to for XM, pretty awesome!

Around town you shouldn't have too many problems listening to XM on your phone. If you take a trip and get off the highways, it can go away pretty quickly. I use it on my phone as well when riding in a metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    so it looks like when you download the app, for Sirius, XM, they are giving it to you for free until May 29th, then it looks like if you have a paid subscription, you may be able to stream for free! I'm going to wait until the free stuff runs out, and then plug in my information for my car, and keep my fingers crossed, I know there's going to be times if I don't have 4G internet connection I won't be able to use, but 90% of the time I'm just driving around town anywhere where my 4G is strong. I guess you have the same outage on cloudy days with an XM antenna, I'm digging the application right now! Still feed it through my normal 3.5 plug I've been using to listen to YouTube, I am happy that XM plays even when your screen shut off, saves battery just like Pandora, all the news channels are there to for XM, pretty awesome!
    Yeah, New World Man is a good one. "Distant Early Warning" is probably my favorite, followed closely by "Entre Nous", "Jacob's Ladder", "Xanadu". Rush has always been a progressive rock band. Have you noticed none of their songs are about women, relationship, or love (well...some are, indirectly). They have bigger issues to tackle.

As for the Sirius XM, app, it will work as long as you have an internet signal. The thing I don't like is that it is a challenge to change stations on a smartphone while riding. To do so safely, one needs to pull over and stop. If it shuts down due to a locking screen, then there is probably something you can change in your settings.

One more thing about the XM app - this weekend is the annual debut of "Yacht Rock Radio" on the station that is usually called "Love". Great stuff if you like 70s mellow rock.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 05-27-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Yeah, New World Man is a good one. "Distant Early Warning" is probably my favorite, followed closely by "Entre Nous", "Jacob's Ladder", "Xanadu". Rush has always been a progressive rock band. Have you noticed none of their songs are about women, relationship, or love (well...some are, indirectly). They have bigger issues to tackle.

As for the Sirius XM, app, it will work as long as you have an internet signal. The thing I don't like is that it is a challenge to change stations on a smartphone while riding. To do so safely, one needs to pull over and stop. If it shuts down due to a locking screen, then there is probably something you can change in your settings.

One more thing about the XM app - this weekend is the annual debut of "Yacht Rock Radio" on the station that is usually called "Love". Great stuff if you like 70s mellow rock.
    if you're a rush fan, you have to watch that movie I love you man! Have you ever seen it? Yes Rush is not for women at all, and that movie really lets everybody know that, LOL, hilarious scene, even if you just search that one scene on YouTube, you'll get it, my favorite Rush is probably red barchettafollowed by Spirit of the radio
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

I can't get my usb in the trunk to work right. It plays for a few seconds and stops. Plays for a few more and stops. Then it stops and runs throughout the song list real fast over and over till you unplug it. Used some different sticks with different file setups and get the same thing.
    BAd unit?
    ITS ALL GOOD