Belly Pan to protect stupid location for coolant tank

Thread: Belly Pan to protect stupid location for coolant tank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On my 13 I had the light one with the tiny Allen screws that the heads stripped out easily. On my 14 I went with the louvred stainless steel with the aircraft screws that I painted flat black. I think Wing St-ff now has an stainless anodized black one. On my 13 at 6,000 miles the aluminum tape Honda covers the tank with was hammered. We do end up on gravel roads a lot.

My belly pan got gone after some serious curves and the right side dug up and removed one of the four frame welded bolts that the belly pan mounted to. Sh*t.
    So, I coated the bottom of my reservoir with a few layers of Gorilla Tape....
    Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    My belly pan got gone after some serious curves and the right side dug up and removed one of the four frame welded bolts that the belly pan mounted to. Sh*t.
    So, I coated the bottom of my reservoir with a few layers of Gorilla Tape....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Going to get Gorilla Tape today!!! Leaving Wednesday on a 1500 mile trip on my new "2016" F6B. Don't have time to get and install the a pan.

Side question: Can posts be given a "like" by other members of this forum? Don't see the option, but it my not be available to mt VERY new member account.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Going to get Gorilla Tape today!!! Leaving Wednesday on a 1500 mile trip on my new "2016" F6B. Don't have time to get and install the a pan.

Side question: Can posts be given a "like" by other members of this forum? Don't see the option, but it my not be available to mt VERY new member account.
    Sorry Steve, we ain't as good as FB when it comes to being "social" - lol.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Sorry Steve, we ain't as good as FB when it comes to being "social" - lol.
    Thanks for the reply. The VTXOA forum looks like the same software, but has a like feature.

Back on subject, I bought a thick piece of metal from a VTXOA member for the underside of my VTX 1800's overflow reservoir. Maybe adding that WITH the Gorilla Tape will be good.