Belly Pan to protect stupid location for coolant tank - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan to protect stupid location for coolant tank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    My belly pan got gone after some serious curves and the right side dug up and removed one of the four frame welded bolts that the belly pan mounted to. Sh*t.
    So, I coated the bottom of my reservoir with a few layers of Gorilla Tape....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Going to get Gorilla Tape today!!! Leaving Wednesday on a 1500 mile trip on my new "2016" F6B. Don't have time to get and install the a pan.

Side question: Can posts be given a "like" by other members of this forum? Don't see the option, but it my not be available to mt VERY new member account.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Going to get Gorilla Tape today!!! Leaving Wednesday on a 1500 mile trip on my new "2016" F6B. Don't have time to get and install the a pan.

Side question: Can posts be given a "like" by other members of this forum? Don't see the option, but it my not be available to mt VERY new member account.
    Sorry Steve, we ain't as good as FB when it comes to being "social" - lol.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Sorry Steve, we ain't as good as FB when it comes to being "social" - lol.
    Thanks for the reply. The VTXOA forum looks like the same software, but has a like feature.

Back on subject, I bought a thick piece of metal from a VTXOA member for the underside of my VTX 1800's overflow reservoir. Maybe adding that WITH the Gorilla Tape will be good.

Just got in from changing my oil, I've got the black one with the 2 Allen screws. Surprised at the beating it's taken in a couple seasons of riding!
    Good investment no matter which one you get. Next time I'll put some never-seize on the screws as it seems like there's some oxidation going on.

Unhappy

Last year I had a coolant leak and it turned out that my coolant tank got a little puncture as well. It is definitely in a bad spot.
    So I tried this stuff, and it worked. It's been over a year now. No coolant leak.
    20180524_214737.jpg

I have used the Showchrome bellypan for 4 years now. Easy to change oil with. Has taken several bumps and a few scrapes but no real damage to the pan. I did change out the front alan screws for some small stainless ones at Ace hardware that have slightly larger heads and a little larger alan wrench size.

I just installed the black show chrome belly pan. It was a little bit of a pain but not to bad. Front comes off for oil and filter changes. Little peace of mind.

Thanks for all the replies. I will research each one

Showchrome after one year ... trash. Now macgyver dor two years, still ok. Advantage in turns, fixed closer to the enginge

I installed the showchrome one, went on very easy. It is a very very thin metal, pretty cheap and overpriced in my opinion but I guess it is better than nothing at all. It cost me $60 to replace my tank so if it saves me a future problem I will be happy. If you are wanting durability, you might want to buy a heavier piece. I'm sure this will work for my riding though.