Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by K/W Motoman View Post
    Well men I had to say goodbye to the F6B. I have had many bikes but couldn’t fall in love with this one.
    Reasons:
    1. Too frigg’n heavy. Pushing it around or in seat manuvering was way to hard. Sure wish it had reverse!
    2. My precious bikes all had powered windshields and I really miss being able to lower and rise when I wanted to.
    3. Finally the infamous “DRONE”. Spent an hour on the freeway and my head almost exploded. Please make it stop. It really is a issue and has to be addressed and not by earplugs.

As far as to what will replace the Wing. Who knows.

Great bike with some issues. Most have been addressed in this years model but I don’t know about the drone.

M.
    1. Can't remember all the bikes I have owned and this one is no heavier/lighter than most. Since 99% don't have reverse it's no different than the others. Of course, I knew this because I test rode my before I bought mine.
    2. I bought a Baggershield and it provides all the windshield I need.
    3. I have a '16 and don't have a drone after thousands of miles. I have a friend that put a Vance and Hines on his with no drone.

Of course, if just want to buy a new bike just go for it. You don't need any reasons to do that. Just ask my wife!
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

If you're looking for light, check out the Indian Scout @ 557#. My G/F has one, great bike ! I walk / move it around like a bicycle. Decent ride for a light weight, handles good too. Lots of ad-on's for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    If you're looking for light, check out the Indian Scout @ 557#. My G/F has one, great bike ! I walk / move it around like a bicycle. Decent ride for a light weight, handles good too. Lots of ad-on's for it too.
    Funny you should mention that. The Scout is high on my list of second bikes (its a fluid list, i assure you). Seems like a great package for $12k...liquid cooled Vtwin with good power (86 hp at the wheel, I believe; more than enough for a bike this size), light weight, ABS, and great looks (my opinion).

I would love to hear any additional thoughts you have, if you have put some miles on her bike.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    My 2013 with chrome mufflers are just loud enough to hear at cursing speed. Can hear the alternator tweet more that the exhaust.
    Beyond 65mph the road noise and wend cancels them both out.
    But I love the exhaust note at lower speeds. Sounds like a euro sports car.
    Is that what that sound is on bikes?!?! Eight years of riding, and I have always wondered what made that noise ...
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6