Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

Well men I had to say goodbye to the F6B. I have had many bikes but couldn’t fall in love with this one.
    Reasons:
    1. Too frigg’n heavy. Pushing it around or in seat manuvering was way to hard. Sure wish it had reverse!
    2. My precious bikes all had powered windshields and I really miss being able to lower and rise when I wanted to.
    3. Finally the infamous “DRONE”. Spent an hour on the freeway and my head almost exploded. Please make it stop. It really is a issue and has to be addressed and not by earplugs.

As far as to what will replace the Wing. Who knows.

Great bike with some issues. Most have been addressed in this years model but I don’t know about the drone.

M.

Don't know of any drone unless the pipes were replaced, but whatever. Good luck.

That sounds odd. I have many bikes and find the F6BD very easy to walk around without a passenger and I am only 5’11” and 175 lbs. No drone with the excellent factory exhaust which is silent when cruising. The Honda factory accessory Tall Windscreen with Vent is great. No buffeting at highway speeds and Vent opening allows cooling and wind dispersion up and over actually improving the pocket.

Can’t help you with leg strength but wonder what droning exhaust you had and what windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by K/W Motoman View Post
    Well men I had to say goodbye to the F6B. I have had many bikes but couldn’t fall in love with this one.
    Reasons:
    1. Too frigg’n heavy. Pushing it around or in seat manuvering was way to hard. Sure wish it had reverse!
    2. My precious bikes all had powered windshields and I really miss being able to lower and rise when I wanted to.
    3. Finally the infamous “DRONE”. Spent an hour on the freeway and my head almost exploded. Please make it stop. It really is a issue and has to be addressed and not by earplugs.

As far as to what will replace the Wing. Who knows.

Great bike with some issues. Most have been addressed in this years model but I don’t know about the drone.

M.

If you've never experienced a legitimate drone, it is an unbelievable nuisance. I test rode a 2013 that had one. I bought a 2016 that doesn't. A constant resonant frequency is headache inducing water torture. Like amplified unceasing tinnitus, except in the case of the B, instead of a high resonant frequency, it's low enough to fill your whole head. I don't know if it's endemic to the earlier models or if it's bike specific. But if mine had it and I couldn't fix it by changing the exhaust, then I would be selling it, too. As to it being too heavy, I guess I can understand. It's a full figured bike. But to me she handles SO easily. Love the low center of gravity and horizontally opposed engine. And Ergomot makes an electric wind screen setup for a pretty penny. So does Windbender. I'm thinking of adding the Ergomot to my Mad5tad so I can run a lower screen all the time.

Anyway, bikes are usually about enjoyment rather than practicality in our fortunate country, so if you're not maximally satisfied, then ALL THE BEST in whatever bike you find. When you decide, you should put in 1,000 miles or so and come back and talk about pros and cons. It's always good to hear about differentiation. Take care!!!

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 05-24-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Not sure what year he had but my 13 is silky quiet with factory exhaust, Now my 98 Valk with Viking Exhaust might sound a little like a Porsche on steroids!

I've mentioned this long ago, but I do experience drone on my 15 with my Shoie full face helmet only. It's the RF1200. Only between speeds of say 45-65 or so. Slower, nothing, faster nothing. I live with it because I love the bike and am not about to spend hundreds looking for another helmet. I try to wear my Bell Pit Boss as much as possible. It's just something with my head shape and that helmet.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I have a 2013 with Cobra 6-2-6 pipes and have never considered the "slight drone" any major issue...Changing the throttle speed occasionally when riding on the super slab seems to solve any exhaust complaints for me...I am only 5"8 1/2" tall and weigh about 194 lbs...At age 78, yes, the bike is a little heavy for me backing down my driveway, etc...but a non-issue for the most part as I am otherwise fairly healthy for my old age...As we are all different, with various wants and needs, I hope you find what fits you best...As far as the the adjustable windshield goes, I had a couple of Victory's with this feature and only used it twice in over 6 years..Also, the type of helmet one wears makes a huge difference in any "drone" issues...Regards and ride safe....
    Last edited by opas ride; 05-24-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    If you've never experienced a legitimate drone, it is an unbelievable nuisance. I test rode a 2013 that had one. I bought a 2016 that doesn't. A constant resonant frequency is headache inducing water torture. Like amplified unceasing tinnitus, except in the case of the B, instead of a high resonant frequency, it's low enough to fill your whole head. I don't know if it's endemic to the earlier models or if it's bike specific. But if mine had it and I couldn't fix it by changing the exhaust, then I would be selling it, too. As to it being too heavy, I guess I can understand. It's a full figured bike. But to me she handles SO easily. Love the low center of gravity and horizontally opposed engine. And Ergomot makes an electric wind screen setup for a pretty penny. So does Windbender. I'm thinking of adding the Ergomot to my Mad5tad so I can run a lower screen all the time.

Anyway, bikes are usually about enjoyment rather than practicality in our fortunate country, so if you're not maximally satisfied, then ALL THE BEST in whatever bike you find. When you decide, you should put in 1,000 miles or so and come back and talk about pros and cons. It's always good to hear about differentiation. Take care!!!

Jason
    I have a 2013. I experienced serious, unimaginable, and unbearable drone when I put some Rush 4" pipes on. I had them on 30 minutes and took them off and sold them. My 2013 with the stock exhaust doesn't have any drone. I just put a Ma&%$t shield on, and all I can hear is road noise now. I wear a full face helmet most of the time, though. I wish the bike had a little rumble or something when I wear a half or 3/4 helmet. I don't like the road noise and clanking noises I hear on the road, so I listen to music via bluetooth in my helmet, but I don't have any drone issues.

K/W Motoman.., two bikes I would seriously consider if I had to replace my “B” would be the Africa Twin or Crosstourer 1200 X. But they aren’t offered with cruise..., maybe a new FJR..

That's a shame but good luck on your next ride. I have a 13 with stock exhaust and no drone whatsoever.
    2013 F6B in black of course