Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

"B's" they're not for everybody. Some folks just don't care for them. I've owned dozens of bikes & the B is the one that works best for me. I do miss my Yamaha 1700 Road Star.
    I'm 76yo & don't have any problem walking my B around. Drone would have to come from a after market exhaust.

I never noticed the drone, however the B is definitely harder to push around than any of my other bikes.

Well I guess we're all stuck with this thing.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you. In my 53 years of riding and many bikes of many brands, the F6B is my all time favorite. I hope your next bike will be your all time favorite.

I do not find many times I need to push the bike around, choose my parking spots carefully. My shield is in the perfect spot so no need to move it ever. I do not have a drone on these black stock pipes and no plans to make it louder. I do wish sometimes my knees were not bent in so much of an angle. A taller and more back setting RDL is on the way to me so hopefully that will give more leg room. Best bike of the many I've had.

See ya later and good luck finding a bike that fits.

At the ripe old age of 78, and after having several bikes over the last 50+ years,for the most-part, the F6B ranks right up there with my best/favorite bikes. On the road, my all time favorite was a 2011 Victory Vision Tour, for short rides with lots of torque and "grunt" my 2005 VTXF3 1800 Honda was a blast!!...The 6 fills almost all my needs and is super fun to ride etc., although it is getting a little heavy at times....But, I must say I sat on the new Harley Road King last week for a while and it felt very, very, comfortable and really looked nice to me...Have said I would never ever own a HD, but this thing may change my mind if I can take it for a test ride...Simple controls, not loaded with nonsense "whistles and bells" just a nice bike in my opinion.....Regards and ride safe

i don't have my F6 any longer (i needed reverse also (and cruise)). but still on this forum because the 1800A forum doesn't suit me like this one does. it's the people here, they're helpful, fun, knowledgeable AND they are in a word, awesome.

as for the drone, i had stock pipes and never heard any drone, maybe my music was too loud or my "bikers high" was kicked in. lol
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

No drone on my 2013 with stock pipes, and i love the stock sound. Sitting on mine I can easily move it around in the garage. At 65 yrs and 200 lbs no problems. Sometimes while riding I convince myself that I need something other than whats available on the B. But the next chance to take it through the gears and that goes away. I had a guy on a Harly over take me today just to see what he was following. I didn't make it easy for him either. I teased him for a while first. Life is grand.
    Good Riding
    ITS ALL GOOD

I thought the exhaust drone issue was the result of a re-tune on the 15-17 models to make it sound more sporty, being a cruiser and all ... ?

Anyway, I have the '13, and it definitely has the low buzz exhaust sound of a horizontally-opposed engine...my Subaru with a flat-4 makes a similar sound....however, I never find it bothersome when cruising. Sometimes I mute the stereo just to swim in it's mellow tune for awhile

I do not question anyone's fit or feel for a motorcycle, or anything that we buy for pleasure or comfort. It has to be right for each of us, or the pleasure or comfort is distracted and that defeats the purpose.

I am very picky about my vehicles ... I have a Corbin seat on my F6; not the most popular choice in these parts, but it works great for me. I have traded in snowmobiles that just do not fit me right, despite glowing reviews across the internet. Cars --> power driver's seat is a must; without the full range of adjustment, particularly thigh support, I will start squirming 20 miles into a drive. Same on the bike, which was my unique issue with the stock seat and why I returned an Ultimate that I installed on my VStar years ago ... the Ultimate is a very popular choice and highly regarded.

As someone above said, these are pleasure vehicles, not practical vehicles. We can live with shortcomings for sake of practicality, but these are luxury items and we are fortunate to be able to own them in the first place, and even more fortunate to be able to make fit us they way we want them to.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6