Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have to say goodbye to the best Forum ever!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm pretty sure it was intentional. There were some complaints that the original bike was too quiet, so Honda added some bark to the pipes, not unlike the sound of the 1800 Valkyrie.

There were several changes over the F6B's short 4 year life. The transmission was modified (in all Wings) to address ghost shifting, cruise control was added, and the paint was improved over the 'soft' paint on the original 2013 bikes.

F6Dave, thanks for the information! I knew about paint,tranny issues but did not know exhaust changed. I have never heard an 1800 Valkyrie yet, but will try and see if I can find one to listen too.
    The 13 B I have is nice and quiet but when I open it up it growls a little, I compare it to my 1500 Valkyrie with a Viking Exhaust, so my "drone" calculations may be skewed a little.

I have a 2013 with Cobra 6-2-6 pipes and have never considered the "slight drone" any major issue...Changing the throttle speed occasionally when riding on the super slab seems to solve any exhaust complaints for me...I am only 5"8 1/2" tall and weigh about 194 lbs...At age 78, yes, the bike is a little heavy for me backing down my driveway, etc...but a non-issue for the most part as I am otherwise fairly healthy for my old age...As we are all different, with various wants and needs, I hope you find what fits you best...As far as the the adjustable windshield goes, I had a couple of Victory's with this feature and only used it twice in over 6 years..Also, the type of helmet one wears makes a huge difference in any "drone" issues...Regards and ride safe....
    Last edited by opas ride; 05-24-2018 at 08:43 PM.

That's a shame but good luck on your next ride. I have a 13 with stock exhaust and no drone whatsoever.
    2013 F6B in black of course

"B's" they're not for everybody. Some folks just don't care for them. I've owned dozens of bikes & the B is the one that works best for me. I do miss my Yamaha 1700 Road Star.
    I'm 76yo & don't have any problem walking my B around. Drone would have to come from a after market exhaust.

I never noticed the drone, however the B is definitely harder to push around than any of my other bikes.

Well I guess we're all stuck with this thing.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you. In my 53 years of riding and many bikes of many brands, the F6B is my all time favorite. I hope your next bike will be your all time favorite.

I do not find many times I need to push the bike around, choose my parking spots carefully. My shield is in the perfect spot so no need to move it ever. I do not have a drone on these black stock pipes and no plans to make it louder. I do wish sometimes my knees were not bent in so much of an angle. A taller and more back setting RDL is on the way to me so hopefully that will give more leg room. Best bike of the many I've had.

At the ripe old age of 78, and after having several bikes over the last 50+ years,for the most-part, the F6B ranks right up there with my best/favorite bikes. On the road, my all time favorite was a 2011 Victory Vision Tour, for short rides with lots of torque and "grunt" my 2005 VTXF3 1800 Honda was a blast!!...The 6 fills almost all my needs and is super fun to ride etc., although it is getting a little heavy at times....But, I must say I sat on the new Harley Road King last week for a while and it felt very, very, comfortable and really looked nice to me...Have said I would never ever own a HD, but this thing may change my mind if I can take it for a test ride...Simple controls, not loaded with nonsense "whistles and bells" just a nice bike in my opinion.....Regards and ride safe