I removed the full face helmet from the left bag

Thread: I removed the full face helmet from the left bag

I removed the full face helmet from the left bag

.....to make sure I had enough room for the gallon of Tea and Fajitas for two that I went to pick up last night, and it was unnecessary. It all fit in the right side bag.

The biggest oversight Honda made with the new Wing, in my opinion, was in decreasing the size of the bags. I absolutely LOVE how big the bags are on the B. I can even do legitimate grocery shopping if I need to before I come home from a ride. I've never had such nice and integrated storage on a motorcycle. Such a great feature. I think the new Wing is pretty amazing, but I hope Honda changes this on an upcoming model.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    .....to make sure I had enough room for the gallon of Tea and Fajitas for two that I went to pick up last night, and it was unnecessary. It all fit in the right side bag.

The biggest oversight Honda made with the new Wing, in my opinion, was in decreasing the size of the bags. I absolutely LOVE how big the bags are on the B. I can even do legitimate grocery shopping if I need to before I come home from a ride. I've never had such nice and integrated storage on a motorcycle. Such a great feature. I think the new Wing is pretty amazing, but I hope Honda changes this on an upcoming model.

Jason
    I would'nt hold my breath on any changes soon to the new models...Honda needs to keep the newer bikes lighter and more agile according to them...Grocery shopping is most likely not a big priority in designing saddle bags etc....JMHO

I can easily stow 3 to 4 days worth of cloths in the side bags and the top trunk I put on my 13 B. That includes my CPAP.
    I have a small trailer I can pull but haven't needed it yet. Maybe on out of state trips when I gone for a week.
    I strap a bag behind the driver back rest too.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I would'nt hold my breath on any changes soon to the new models...Honda needs to keep the newer bikes lighter and more agile according to them...Grocery shopping is most likely not a big priority in designing saddle bags etc....JMHO
    I can't imagine the plastic required for adding a few more liters of space adding that much weight to the package. It would add some width to the hips, but probably not that much weight. And as far as the content of the bags, I think the standard metric for bag capacity is whether or not you can fit a full face helmet. In the B, you can up to a large. In the new Wing, there's no possible way any size will fit. I think they ought to amend that. Maybe they'll listen, maybe not.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I can't imagine the plastic required for adding a few more liters of space adding that much weight to the package. It would add some width to the hips, but probably not that much weight. And as far as the content of the bags, I think the standard metric for bag capacity is whether or not you can fit a full face helmet. In the B, you can up to a large. In the new Wing, there's no possible way any size will fit. I think they ought to amend that. Maybe they'll listen, maybe not.

Jason
    My LG Arai will not fit without forcing/smashing. I've seen others fit an XL modular... All I can think of is it is the shape itself. Love my helmet, not willing to change until it's useful life is done. Might have to switch brands at that point if I know it will fit in the side, that would be useful.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

When I need more carrying space, I take the FJR. That works well, but YMMV.

I carry my helmet on my head. No need to put in in the saddle bag. I tried to get it in there once and it will fit, but it was hard on the hinges.

I packed for ten days using just the saddle bags. Right side holds two pairs of pants, socks, underwear, T-shirts, toiletries and a pair of flip flops.

Left side is a hoodie, rain gear, gloves and all the things that stay in there like bungees, tire repair kit with pump, glass cleaner, rags, whiskey flask etc.

I thought for a while about putting my givi case from my other bike on the B, but have not had the need yet.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams