California: Turd World Nation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California: Turd World Nation

California: Turd World Nation

In the name of "climate change", California passes law to limit water usage to Turd World standards.

Starting in 2022, California will limit water to 55 gallons per-person, per-day. By 2030, the amount falls to 50 gallons.

To put this into perspective, just taking one eight-minute shower (17 gallons of water) and doing one load of laundry (up to 40 gallons) is enough to exceed the 55-gallon limit. Taking a bath can use 80 to 100 gallons of water.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/...-water-limits/

I'm sure it sounded like a great idea on paper.

From the article:
    “Right now we lose up to 30 percent of urban water just to leaks in the system,”

Seems like that's the main problem to address. The leaks aren't attributed to leaky faucets but the insinuation is that it's the supply lines. Why force customers to conserve when the suppliers let it flow into the ground?
    Water that is used by customers is paid for and provides value, 30% lost to leaky mains is criminal.

If it is enforced the consequences may outweigh the benefits, let's see if we can think of what might happen if this is enforced.

*Residences with more occupants than is reported could start deficating in buckets and throwing it in the street when full. The San Francisco streets are already legendary for being covered in poop. There's a poop map.

*People might flush less often and create unsanitary conditions and clogged pipes.

*General hygiene in children may suffer as adults will insist on more water since they pay the bills and need to be clean for work.

*The cost of living could increase as people buy water to supplement their allotment. Laundromat business will be booming at the expense of citizens who would otherwise do it at home.

*More pollution will be created as people will drive out of their way to stop by the gym, do a minor workout and take a luxuriously long shower at the gym. Or other creative workarounds.

*The police and courts will be kept busy dealing with people who find ways of capitalizing on this or homeowners who attempt to bypass metering.

I could probably make a list of 100 consequences in an hour or two but I'm just some guy on the internet so I'm probably wrong. Maybe the people of CA will follow whatever rules are foisted on them and bite the bullet. Doesn't seem like typical human behavior, but anything's possible.

please no more bad news. just when I thought it was safe to be clean. my state has limits on that lmao. but the bright side illegals don't pay for water, lawyers, or health care

What did you expect? It's California.....the land of fruits and nuts

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

FROM Google >>Most high-efficiency washers use only 15 to 30 gallons (56.8 to 113.6 L) of water to wash the same amount of clothes as older washers (29 to 45 gallons per load (109.7 to 170 L). The most efficient washers use less than 5 gallons (18.9 L) per cubic foot of capacity.

>>In an average home, showers are typically the third largest water use after toilets and clothes washers. The average American shower uses 17.2 gallons (65.1 liters) and lasts for 8.2 minutes at average flow rate of 2.1 gallons per minute (gpm) (7.9 lpm).

Do you wash clothes everyday ??? Do members of the same family share laundry loads ?

??Question >>>How many gallons a day do illegals use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    FROM Google >>Most high-efficiency washers use only 15 to 30 gallons (56.8 to 113.6 L) of water to wash the same amount of clothes as older washers (29 to 45 gallons per load (109.7 to 170 L). The most efficient washers use less than 5 gallons (18.9 L) per cubic foot of capacity.

>>In an average home, showers are typically the third largest water use after toilets and clothes washers. The average American shower uses 17.2 gallons (65.1 liters) and lasts for 8.2 minutes at average flow rate of 2.1 gallons per minute (gpm) (7.9 lpm).

Do you wash clothes everyday ??? Do members of the same family share laundry loads ?

??Question >>>How many gallons a day do illegals use ?
    I would not live in Commiefornia if it was the last place on earth...Nothing but "fruit cakes, idiot liberals, and illegals"....The land of "milk and honey", is in my opinion, the land of bullshit and stupidity!.....No offence to those who like the place....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I would not live in Commiefornia if it was the last place on earth...Nothing but "fruit cakes, idiot liberals, and illegals"....The land of "milk and honey", is in my opinion, the land of bullshit and stupidity!.....No offence to those who like the place....
    Hmmm. No worries, nothing to be offended about in there. <-- sarcasm.

There's a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to water. It is impossible to "waste" water. Every drop of water on Earth has always been here and always will be. It's just been well traveled. Google "water cycle".

Water is amazing in that, no matter how dirty or polluted it is, it can always be cleaned up. My swimming pool is evidence of this. Something to do with its molecular makeup ... beyond my pay grade and off-topic.

However, water is not equitably distributed. Opas and I live in the Great Lakes area - lots of fresh water. The southwestern US and west of the Rockies, not so much.

I believe that the CA initiative on limiting water usage is a reflection of the reality of California's water situation - as in, a lack of it. So, unless Opas and I are willing to start diverting Michigan and NY's vast supply of fresh water, actions need to be taken to stimulate innovation. No one likes government telling them what they can and cannot do, but sometimes action is necessary. Market forces did not move the automakers to start making cars safer and more efficient; legislation did.

I think this is a smart idea ... why? Well, besides being a fruit, nut, bullshit artist, idiot and stupid, I also am the type that believes in the ingenuity of humanity. Las Vegas is a city with major water supply issues, and excessive usage. However, with tight controls on usage starting 20 years ago, they have cut their water usage by 1/3 despite population and development doubling in that time. Pat Mulroy has run the Southern Nevada Water Authority during that time and she has ruled with an iron fist on water usage. And she has gotten results that have put the city in a good spot.

Read about her here: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...s-vegas-213836

I think California is trying to replicate her success by legislating creativity. Seems smart to me. I did not read the original article (I need to go back and do that), but the burden of water conservation should be the burden of the supply agency as well as the consumer. Collectively, consumer actions generate significant results, and so do actions taken by a supply agency.

As for the supply systems leaking water, yeah, it is not ideal but all that water eventually ends up back at its local supply through the water cycle. Because it is contained, it stays in the area. Compare that to evaporation from pools, fountains, lawn watering where water is transported in vapor form to faraway places, contributing to that distribution problem.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Hmmm. No worries, nothing to be offended about in there. <-- sarcasm.

There's a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to water. It is impossible to "waste" water. Every drop of water on Earth has always been here and always will be. It's just been well traveled. Google "water cycle".

Water is amazing in that, no matter how dirty or polluted it is, it can always be cleaned up. My swimming pool is evidence of this. Something to do with its molecular makeup ... beyond my pay grade and off-topic.

However, water is not equitably distributed. Opas and I live in the Great Lakes area - lots of fresh water. The southwestern US and west of the Rockies, not so much.

I believe that the CA initiative on limiting water usage is a reflection of the reality of California's water situation - as in, a lack of it. So, unless Opas and I are willing to start diverting Michigan and NY's vast supply of fresh water, actions need to be taken to stimulate innovation. No one likes government telling them what they can and cannot do, but sometimes action is necessary. Market forces did not move the automakers to start making cars safer and more efficient; legislation did.

I think this is a smart idea ... why? Well, besides being a fruit, nut, bullshit artist, idiot and stupid, I also am the type that believes in the ingenuity of humanity. Las Vegas is a city with major water supply issues, and excessive usage. However, with tight controls on usage starting 20 years ago, they have cut their water usage by 1/3 despite population and development doubling in that time. Pat Mulroy has run the Southern Nevada Water Authority during that time and she has ruled with an iron fist on water usage. And she has gotten results that have put the city in a good spot.

Read about her here: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...s-vegas-213836

I think California is trying to replicate her success by legislating creativity. Seems smart to me. I did not read the original article (I need to go back and do that), but the burden of water conservation should be the burden of the supply agency as well as the consumer. Collectively, consumer actions generate significant results, and so do actions taken by a supply agency.

As for the supply systems leaking water, yeah, it is not ideal but all that water eventually ends up back at its local supply through the water cycle. Because it is contained, it stays in the area. Compare that to evaporation from pools, fountains, lawn watering where water is transported in vapor form to faraway places, contributing to that distribution problem.
    My son lives in Commiefornia and I talk with him a lot about the state's issues and there are many....I'm sorry for their water problems, but shipping water from the Great Lakes area to that God forsaken state, is not going to happen as long I can prevent it...Sorry to be so harsh, but California needs to come into the "real world" and quit trying to influence other states with their issues!!!....JMHO

Cadillac Desert...

This is germain to the situation out there. Read it:

https://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-Dese...zv.Q&slotNum=0

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    This is germain to the situation out there. Read it:

https://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-Dese...zv.Q&slotNum=0
    I would take with a "grain of salt" anything that comes out of Commiefornia's political, liberal, BS!!!....Next week some well meaning law-maker out there will tell the world that the "Sky is falling"....What a bunch of idiots that run that state!!!!