Lets not forget the subject of this thread “2018 Gold Wing Traxxion Suspension Upgrade”.

Unfortunately, everything these days is all about money and IMHO the video linked to above is a prime example of two vendors supporting each other to increase the profits of both. And yes, Rick’s (Wingstuff) website is selling all of the Traxxion suspension products including the front and rear shocks for the 2018s.

In his video, Rick clearly states “Max invited me down to do an upgrade on my 2018 Goldwing”. To me that means FREEBEE ! In other words, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours. I’d be surprised if Rick paid a dime for his Traxxion suspension upgrade all in exchange for a video such as the one linked to above, posted on all the Goldwing forums and Youtube plus marketing Traxxion products on the Wingstuff website..

Rick has a lot of “street cred” in the Goldwing world and a video like this will do wonders for Max’s business. Great advertising for Traxxion and all it cost him was to upgrade another 2018 Goldwing.

There has however been enough customer testimonials posted online to make me believe that the Traxxion suspension upgrade may offer some improvement to the 2018’s ride and handling. Does that mean that the factory OEM suspension is unsatisfactory? HELL NO ! Anything can be improved upon if enough money is thrown at it, but is it really necessary. I think not.

My personal decision against buying one of these bikes has nothing to do with the suspension (well, maybe the steering tie-rods – not happy with that design), but has more to do with the downsizing, non-detachable luggage of smaller capacity, Apple Play (I’m an Adrroid user), the Nav system and other things. Personally, I would have been interested in the base Goldwing with 6-speed manual, but again Honda left the reverse off of that model – that sucks.

Sorry for the rant, but like I said it’s all about two vendors supporting each other to the financial benefit of both – that in all likelihood isn’t necessary in the first place. But then, we are all entitled to spend our money however we want. Just be careful you aren’t being sold a bill of goods.