2018 Gold Wing Traxxion Suspension Upgrade // Install & First Reaction - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Gold Wing Traxxion Suspension Upgrade // Install & First Reaction

Lets not forget the subject of this thread “2018 Gold Wing Traxxion Suspension Upgrade”.

Unfortunately, everything these days is all about money and IMHO the video linked to above is a prime example of two vendors supporting each other to increase the profits of both. And yes, Rick’s (Wingstuff) website is selling all of the Traxxion suspension products including the front and rear shocks for the 2018s.

In his video, Rick clearly states “Max invited me down to do an upgrade on my 2018 Goldwing”. To me that means FREEBEE ! In other words, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours. I’d be surprised if Rick paid a dime for his Traxxion suspension upgrade all in exchange for a video such as the one linked to above, posted on all the Goldwing forums and Youtube plus marketing Traxxion products on the Wingstuff website..

Rick has a lot of “street cred” in the Goldwing world and a video like this will do wonders for Max’s business. Great advertising for Traxxion and all it cost him was to upgrade another 2018 Goldwing.

There has however been enough customer testimonials posted online to make me believe that the Traxxion suspension upgrade may offer some improvement to the 2018’s ride and handling. Does that mean that the factory OEM suspension is unsatisfactory? HELL NO ! Anything can be improved upon if enough money is thrown at it, but is it really necessary. I think not.

My personal decision against buying one of these bikes has nothing to do with the suspension (well, maybe the steering tie-rods – not happy with that design), but has more to do with the downsizing, non-detachable luggage of smaller capacity, Apple Play (I’m an Adrroid user), the Nav system and other things. Personally, I would have been interested in the base Goldwing with 6-speed manual, but again Honda left the reverse off of that model – that sucks.

Sorry for the rant, but like I said it’s all about two vendors supporting each other to the financial benefit of both – that in all likelihood isn’t necessary in the first place. But then, we are all entitled to spend our money however we want. Just be careful you aren’t being sold a bill of goods.

Wow that there is a whole boatload of assumptions about who paid for what-Whats so wrong with two guys who make there living working on and selling stuff for Goldwings working together to make a good bike a great bike.No one is forcing anyone to buy a new suspension system for there Goldwing.These guys are business owners who are dealing in the Motorcycle industry trying to make a buck,pay there employees,pay the utilities,pay the rent or mortgage.I am happy there are places and people like Max and Rick who give us Goldwing owners a way to improve or personalize our rides.Plus I do not believe Rick said the stock 18 suspension was bad-just much better once the Traxxxion system was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    Ya know, sometimes peoples best efforts have adverse effects. It's reviews like this that confirm to me that Honda really dropped the ball on the factory suspension (as well as more than a few other items). Personally, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to spend $3 grand on the suspension after you've already dropped $28 to $30 grand on the bike. I'm one of the potential buyers who looked hard and long at the new bike and considered all the reviews before I decided against buying one this year. You can't tell me that the OEM handling was the best you've ever ridden from one side of your mouth and then tell me how much better the Traxxion update makes it out of the other side of your mouth. You can't have it both ways. Like others, I've watched all of Max's videos and he's pretty clear on how weak the OEM suspension is and then Rick comes along and tells everyone how much better it is after a $3 grand suspension upgrade. Sure ain't a very good sales pitch for the new bike unless you go into it knowing you may have to spend another ton of money to make it better. JMHO.
    I am happy with my stock f6b suspension. I guess maybe because never ridden on the Traxxion? Kind of like a person born blind I guess, dont know what I am missing?....I think I will stick with Braille and keep my 4K.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Not trying to hijack thread, but the thing I like is that we all can have an intelligent conversation and relate our experiences with a bike we all love. The f6B in my opinion is the best bike I have ever owned but given everything that I like about it, The suspension for me falls short of what I would like it to be, nothing more than that. Looking at prices for traxxion upgrade will be roughly $3K to $3.5K. For me IF I do this upgrade I will still be far short of the money it would cost to buy a new one, that is because I bought my 13 used.

Amen Kevin, well stated!!

Bikes are like women. Does she really "need" that boob job? We buy upgrades because we can. 99% will never ride a completely stock bike to its limits let alone a modified one.