Fork Brace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace

Fork Brace

My 2016 F6BD is a great handling motorcycle. Sometimes I notice a slight (but noticeable) front wheel wobble. I've heard mixed reviews on fork braces solving this problem. Looking for collective wisdom: success with a fork brace? any particular brand work better or worse? any other wobble fixes I should consider? should I just live with it (which I could) unless tire wear, etc. will become noticeable? Thanks for any feedback.

This would be a good test. I have had success with Dyna Beads. Put 1oz in the front tire and 2oz in the rear tire after pulling the wheel weights off the rim. If you no longer have the wobble, join the club.

In my opinion if you are experiencing a wobble the most likely suspect is the fork head bearings. Not that they necessary need replacing but just an adjustment.

I know some have the feeling that these "fork braces" do help somewhat on certain issues...I cannot render any meaning-full opinions as I do not have one on my F6B....but I am having Traxxion fork springs, new seals, oil, etc. and AllBalls steering head bearings installed later this month by a large dealer here in Michigan that has done lots of these up-dates both on trikes and Goldwings by a tech that has worked on Wings for over 15 years, and he said the fork brace is not necessary and 95% of the bikes he has done do not use them and are fine.....If you are a really aggressive rider and like to take corners fast etc.., perhaps it might be worth a try...JMHO

I have a fork brace on mine I don't think it will help your wobble.
    The bike feels a little more planted with the brace but not a big difference.
    It does look nice.

The fork brace will turn your B into a curve eating R1. Worst case scenario is they look way better than the stock plastic junk that's already on there.

I have a brace, I like it. Got the Kury because it's looks neat. Give it a try, they're not "that" costly. Make sure your air pressure is correct, you can inflate to max. PSI on the sidewall. Check your tires for cupping.
    Suggest you do the dyna beads. As cueman posted, 1oz in the front, 2oz in the rear, make sure you remove all the weights.....
    I'm not sold on the fork spring or the steering head upgrade just yet. To date, I've seen no reason to do that. "B's" are not sport bikes, they're touring / cruisers.
    I think Honda has the best engineers money can buy...… just my opinion...………… everybody has one.

i had a superbrace on my F6. took it off to get warannty work for a leaking fork seal. never got around to putting it back on even though i noticed it wasn't on any longer.
    well ... traded the F6 for 2008 goldwing last october, didn't get around to putting the superbrace on the wing until a week ago. a couple days later i took the girlfriend on a ride through some twisties.

after 2 twisties i noticed a difference (i had forgot i put the brace on. lol, age i guess) then i remembered "oh yea, the superbrace is on", so yea, it plants the front better, as for woobble, i doubt it's a cure-all for that.
    still worth the $180 i paid for it. jmo
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

As for the internal balancing beads some of you enjoy, any comments on preference as to DynaBeads - ceramic, OR Counteract - glass?

Also, 2wheelsforme suggests adjusting fork head bearings. Is that a skilled tech job or is that something I might can do in the garage?

Thanks all.

Check your Triple tree bearings...sounds like they may need to be replaced or tightened...should not have any wheel wobble on these bikes.
    Use Dynabeads (brand)