Fork Brace - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fork Brace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a brace, I like it. Got the Kury because it's looks neat. Give it a try, they're not "that" costly. Make sure your air pressure is correct, you can inflate to max. PSI on the sidewall. Check your tires for cupping.
    Suggest you do the dyna beads. As cueman posted, 1oz in the front, 2oz in the rear, make sure you remove all the weights.....
    I'm not sold on the fork spring or the steering head upgrade just yet. To date, I've seen no reason to do that. "B's" are not sport bikes, they're touring / cruisers.
    I think Honda has the best engineers money can buy...… just my opinion...………… everybody has one.

i had a superbrace on my F6. took it off to get warannty work for a leaking fork seal. never got around to putting it back on even though i noticed it wasn't on any longer.
    well ... traded the F6 for 2008 goldwing last october, didn't get around to putting the superbrace on the wing until a week ago. a couple days later i took the girlfriend on a ride through some twisties.

after 2 twisties i noticed a difference (i had forgot i put the brace on. lol, age i guess) then i remembered "oh yea, the superbrace is on", so yea, it plants the front better, as for woobble, i doubt it's a cure-all for that.
    still worth the $180 i paid for it. jmo
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

As for the internal balancing beads some of you enjoy, any comments on preference as to DynaBeads - ceramic, OR Counteract - glass?

Also, 2wheelsforme suggests adjusting fork head bearings. Is that a skilled tech job or is that something I might can do in the garage?

Thanks all.

Triple tree bearings and fork head bearings are the same thing.

Check your Triple tree bearings...sounds like they may need to be replaced or tightened...should not have any wheel wobble on these bikes.
    Use Dynabeads (brand)

To turn the stem nut a half or full turn is an easy job and may only require a torque wrench applied at the proper number. I assume the B has a stem nut like all bikes I've ever worked on before. The hard part I would bet is gaining access to that nut under all that tupperware. Just looked briefly in the manual and looks to be a lengthy process. You are under warranty so might get the Honda shop to address your problem. I would not put the magic beads in, but would try and solve the problem instead. Another source of wobble can come from a poorly wearing tire, possibly caused from just a bad tire or from improper tire pressures. A new tire will cure that. Good luck.

Interesting article on use of Dynabeads....