Corbin Seat installation woes - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corbin Seat installation woes

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Seat looks NICE!!!!!!!

I wish Corbin seats 'worked' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    Just a couple of washers on each side. You may not need them but if you do, it is super easy (I can say that now). I got the same seat you have coming. You are gonna love it.

Attachment 3058Attachment 3059
    Phil, Awesome...thanks for the photos! Another two weeks and mine should be in!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I think the biggest takeaway from these pics, is that you guys still have leaves on your trees! Seat looks great, and by the looks of your trees, you've got the perfect weather to break it in!
    Leaves on the trees, the grass is green and the lawn boys just left. I am going riding. It is all good except June, July, August and sometimes September when it is too hot to ride very far.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Spoke to Corbin this past week and they have no intentions of changing the seat pan. So if you want to take your side panels off, to get at your battery, the seat must be removed. Normally this wouldn't be an issue to remove two bolts. But if you have a rear rack or back rest then that has to be removed first, PIA. Love the seat but I'm not happy about this result.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

I agree with my NJ F6B rider Frank.The only thing different for me is I owned a Spyder for 3 years and the battery was just as bad of a spot to get to.So I will
    cross my fingers and hope I do not have to get to the battery while on the road.
    Ride it like you stole it

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    hope I do not have to get to the battery while on the road.
    I carry one of these with all the basics in it at all times:

http://roadgear.com/tool-pouches-c-23_33.html

More often than not, it only comes out to tighten/adjust some of the aftermarket do-dad's I have, but 'whatever tools it takes' for a battery replacement have always been in/on every bike I've ever owned.

Probably comes from that one time I had a dead bat in my P/U in Austin... A new battery was right across the road at Sams,,, Didn't have so much as a pair of pliers with me to swap it out,,,

Let's just say a 'little light went on' and I travel with basic tools now in every vehicle I own.

Corbin Seat Side Panel Removal Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Everything fits and saddlebag latches work. My issue is that you can't remove the side panels unless the seat is off. I've been on the phone with Corbin over the past 4 or 5 weeks. They said I could send the seat back and they would shave off enough of the pan so the side panels come off. I told them that is not good enough. If they do it that way there will be a wide gap . They screwed up when they molded the pan. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I like the seat and for me it has the comfort I need for long rides.

I purchased my new Corbin seat at Daytona Bike Week a few weeks ago. I mentioned to them about the issue of not being able to get the side covers off without removing the seat. They put the seat on my F6B and said they'd fix it and they did right while I watched and checked it out to my satisfaction they were very accommodating. What they did was carefully tape up the side cover area so they wouldn't scratch anything. Remove the seat drill out the rivets, pulled the leather seat cover up and marked it and trimmed off about 3/8 or 1/2 inch off the seat pan recovered the seat and replaced the rivets then had me try removing the side covers everything was fine, worked great. He took a few pictures for his reference and believe sent some to the California factory. He said this was the first he ever heard the complaint but was an easy fix.
    The guy that helped me and did all the work happens to be the manager at the Ormond Beach Fl location his name is Michael Keohane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do Unto Others.........Then run like Hell"

78 GL1000 Black
    02 VTX 1800c Illusion Blue
    04 Rune NRX 1800 Dbl Clearcoat Black
    13 Goldwing 1800 F6B Black.

Thanks will keep this info for when I go to get my Corbin seat..

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_go View Post
    I purchased my new Corbin seat at Daytona Bike Week a few weeks ago. I mentioned to them about the issue of not being able to get the side covers off without removing the seat. They put the seat on my F6B and said they'd fix it and they did right while I watched and checked it out to my satisfaction they were very accommodating. What they did was carefully tape up the side cover area so they wouldn't scratch anything. Remove the seat drill out the rivets, pulled the leather seat cover up and marked it and trimmed off about 3/8 or 1/2 inch off the seat pan recovered the seat and replaced the rivets then had me try removing the side covers everything was fine, worked great. He took a few pictures for his reference and believe sent some to the California factory. He said this was the first he ever heard the complaint but was an easy fix.
    The guy that helped me and did all the work happens to be the manager at the Ormond Beach Fl location his name is Michael Keohane
    Thanks for the info. I'll be calling Corbin tomorrow.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

fl1madmax

Ultimate Seat, put it on----------- RIDE !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll be calling Corbin tomorrow.
    If feels like your Butt went to Haven !!!!!!! Expensive but Zero Issues........try the rest, Buy the Best !