Oh DEER.... Almost bagged one with my Bagger! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh DEER.... Almost bagged one with my Bagger!

Koko seems correct....and least from my experience. Riding at dusk is one of my favs during the summer months. MT, ID, WA, OR, UT, WY, MI...makes no difference, I deer & elk x the roads. BUT, was riding toward St. Mary's (East Entrance Glacier National Park) and a COW bolted out from the trees. Whewwwwww, my lady, I, and the B almost bought it. All I saw was something massive and black out of the corner of my eye - and thought it was a bear. lol

Almost hit a Horse riding on the reservation in Monument Valley.
    Last edited by adventurous1; 06-08-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

+1 Azwingrider, turn night into day and still slow down and keep your eyes out.
    NMRed
    IBA 63255

So I got to tell you about a buddy I have got to know here In Indiana, who rides a legacy Valky Interstate, First time I rode with him I saw what I thought was some kind of Camera system mounted in his fixed fairing. Well he called me over to look at it and lo and behold he had mounted a FLEER unit on his bike which picks up heat signatures from All critters! He had hit a deer once and decided to mount the unit to give him forward infrared heat signatures. Damn thing really work's too!

# 1 Slow down at night. You don't get there that much faster going 80 than around 60. I have had a few close calls, the last being in Arkansas last October. I was out in the middle of nowhere and a buck crossed in front of me as I was doing about 60. Almost got one in Pa. a few years ago too and in SD. at Sturgis. If you have to drive at the prime times, try to stay on the interstates and BEHIND a vehicle that is going about the same speed you want to travel. If you take the backroads where they are more plentiful, just try to be off the road at the worst times, Hope that helps and good luck.

Good idea about finding a car or truck to be my pulling guard. Just hope they hit something hard enough to throw it to one side or the other. I biggest issue I have in following something that I can't see over or around is you have no time to avoid anything right in front of you. Almost got bit by a Road Gator once following a car too close to see around it. After that, I ride to the far left to see what is on the road in front of me when in traffic.