The highway between Ohio and Syracuse, NY is littered with deer that almost crossed the road!

I was coming back at night from Syracuse and was "watching" for deer but at 80 MPH at night, I would probably feel it before I see it!

Almost happened! Just caught a glimpse of something as I passed it. When I stopped for gas, a car pulled in and the driver told me he was following me and saw a deer cut behind me no more than a foot or two. If I was going a 10th of a mile slower or he was a second faster, there would have been two piles of road kill to clean up!

Next month I am going to be riding from Chagrin Falls, OH to LA and back. Lot of open road and critters between here and there.

Anyone have any wise advise in avoiding the four-legged road hazards?

Do you aim for it's ass, figuring that when you get there, it will be gone?

If you see it at 70+ MPH, braking really isn't a viable option, unless it is a 50 yards away. Laying it down is going to hurt!

Those dumb deer crossing signs are useless...as far as I can tell, deer don't read!

So, any advise that has worked for you or just ride on and figure it is as avoidable as rain? Ya ride, ya get wet!