How do you pack your bagger?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you pack your bagger?

How do you pack your bagger?

The group I tour with, stay in hotels/motels. I'm always amazed at those who can pack everything for a long trip in the 2 saddle bags.

I have a clothing touring suitcase behind me (attached with bungee cords and acts like a bit of a back rest) and both saddle bags are full of shoes, rain suit, smallish bike cover, litre of oil, extra bungee cords, space for coat, helmut etc.

I'm always looking for a better way to cram all my stuff in. How do you do it?

Hi Papa
    Not the most storage available on our B. I tend to wear waterproof jacket and over pants with zippered vents so I pack no separate rain gear. Saddlebags have thin bike cover rolled up small, few tools, tape ,tie wraps, tire plugs air pump, spray cleaner with cloth, heat out/freeze out jerseys, mesh jacket... Then I have a Torrent 40 liter waterproof bag for my clothes, boat shoes, toiletries. It straps on the rear seat. Like you, I can't fit everything in just the saddlebags. And it serves as a backrest. Maybe somebody will invent disposable clothes!
    Small flashlight, helmet "T" to lock to bike, extra earplugs, small cloth to wipe off helmet shield and windshield pen, tire gauge in left cubby. Center cubby holds my GPS when parked for short time, sunglasses,
    Happy trails!
    WEG

Papabruce,

This may be one of those threads that gets tons of replies because everyone has different needs and different ideas about what they need to take with them but since you asked I will tell you how I pack my bike.

I carry a bag strapped to my back seat which has all my clothes, doff kit, laptop computer, all my charging cords and all other personal items I need on a daily basis. This makes it easy to put everything in my motel room or throw it in the tent after each days ride.

In my left side hard bag i have the following items, all of which are packed into small individual bags. Tool kit, tire plug kit, small 12 volt compressor, small bag of spare bulbs and small parts, extra tie down strap and bungees, my heated jacket liner, my cool vest, 2 endura cool neck wraps, 2 pair of spare gloves, a lightweight motorcycle cover, rain pants and several neck scarves. That sounds like a lot but it all fits.

My right side hard bag has my leather chaps (rolled not folded) and plenty of room for my textile riding jack which is waterproof and armored and room for miscellaneous items needed during the day including food and water bottles.

The center cubby compartment is for registration and small items that i need to access frequently.

I also have a hydration system mounted to my right side passenger foot peg and rear crash bar. The hydration system is essentially a camelback but it is mounted on the bike and not carried on my back. It hold a gallon of water and keeps it cold all day.

Kind of a long response but that's what I travel with.

Good Luck and travel safe
    Az Wingrider

20160402_063103.jpg

Papa
    Photo before leaving for Florida from Eastern NY, 2600 miles round trip. I have rain suit, tool kit, tire plugger, hoodie, winter gloves in right bag, left bag has first aid kit (an old band-aid box restocked) but mostly open space for jacket and GPS at stops. Bag on passenger seat is adequate for 2-3 day trips, longer, I add the roll bag. All clothing, sneakers so I don't need to wear riding boots, pledge, bike cover, etc in add on bags. At hotel, just unstrap add on bags and walk in. This trip I took a three legged folding stool for the airshow.
    Dave
    Last edited by dksmith; 06-09-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I always wear my mesh jacket and pants when riding so my riding clothes consist of shorts and a t-shirt. I only have to worry about packing clothes for additional non-riding events instead of full pants for each day on the road. This really trims down the space required for clothing.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by dksmith View Post
    20160402_063103.jpg

Papa
    Photo before leaving for Florida from Eastern NY, 2600 miles round trip. I have rain suit, tool kit, tire plugger, hoodie, winter gloves in right bag, left bag has first aid kit (an old band-aid box restocked) but mostly open space for jacket and GPS at stops. Bag on passenger seat is adequate for 2-3 day trips, longer, I add the roll bag. All clothing, sneakers so I don't need to wear riding boots, pledge, bike cover, etc in add on bags. At hotel, just unstrap add on bags and walk in. This trip I took a three legged folding stool for the airshow.
    Dave
    Pretty darn close to the way I travel too. : )

I put a Show Chrome rack on my B so I could carry my stuff such as laptop, extra boots/shoes, etc. I have been riding since the early '60s and have learned to also bring certain things for my B such as oil, tools, etc. I also have learned that, on a long trip, you can guarantee rain. So, since I also ride snowmobiles, I take my waterproof snowmobile bag and cram in the stuff I can expect to use during the day. Then, I lash it to the back of the B by attaching it to my backrest bracket and to my rack. This makes a very secure attachment that is also water proof. It also detaches quickly so you can take it into your hotel room. I then put clothes and other niceties in my side bags. Having experienced every kind of weird event on a road trip I pack double underwear and other clothes that I might need in my side bags.

This works out good for me since I rarely have a passenger. If you routinely ride with a passenger, you're screwed on long trips.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

I'm surprised that now two people bring oil along. I can not remember any time I have needed oil on a trip. Besides it is very easy to purchase if you were to happen to need a bottle. Sometimes I wear the oldest jeans etc that I have and after a few days they can go in the garbage and less dirty stinky clothes to pack home. Now I have room for some new souvenir t-shirts. My bourbon and rum supply also gets smaller by the day. No spare parts and only the smallest of a tool bag. Rain gear and a few other pieces of stuff in left bag and right side is free for as needed. Leather jacket rolled and the extra helmet are just put on top of what ever, maybe the half lid in the right bag if wearing the full. Five days is one travel bag but have room for another if a longer trip.

what type/brand mesh pants do you guys recommend?