How do you pack your bagger? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do you pack your bagger?

Hi AZ
    Can you put up a pic of your Camelback hydration bag attached to the passenger foot peg and rear crash bar?
    Thanks
    WEG

WEG,

I don't have any pictures of my hydration system right now and it is not on the bike. I should have time Thursday and I will take pictures of the individual pieces and of the complete system on the bike and then post them.

The system is not hard to make. It consists of a one gallon Coleman insulated water jug that I bought at Walmart (about $8.00), some 5/16" food grade vinyl tubing bought at Home Depot ( about $10.00 for 15 ft.) and a bite valve for a camelback bought anyplace that has hiking supplies. And then build a fixture that clamps to the rear crash bar and comes forward to rest on the passenger foot peg.

The Coleman water jug has a fixture on the lid that turns up for drinking from it. The 5/16" food grade tubing is a tight fit but can be forced down through this fixture. Push enough tubing through to reach the bottom of the jug then measure off enough tubing to easily reach your mouth when tucked under your leg on the way forward. Then put the bite valve on the end of the tubing. About 5" back from the bight valve I wrap the tubing with velcro and secure the velcro with small zip ties. I then glue a small piece of velcro to my fuel door for a place to secure the tubing when I am not drinking.

I wear a modular helmet and when I want a drink I flip up the chin bar, stick the bight valve in my mouth and then drop the chin bar back down. When I am finished drinking I replace the tubing back on the velcro. A gallon of ice water stays cold and generally lasts a full day.

I got the idea for this from some articles in Iron Butt Magazine. I think you can find some of their articles online. The Iron Butt riders are serious long distance riders and I have learned quite a few neat tricks from their forum and from the magazine.

As I said I am busy tomorrow but Thursday I will get the system out and take pictures of the pieces and pictures of it installed on the bike.

Az Wingrider

Thanks for the tip!

Ordered a pair of 60 in. Rok Straps.... yup.. these will work just fine!!

IMG_20180710_165342159_LL.jpg

IMG_20180710_165350113_LL.jpg

IMG_20180710_165533659.jpg
    (Not a realistic "tie-down" - just to illustrate how much is left of the 60 inches of strap.)

IMG_20180710_165746458_LL.jpg

IMG_20180710_165754703_LL.jpg

Every year, I take several cycle trips, from 2 days to 10 days. Each time, I learn that I can take less and less "stuff", and have a great trip, without carrying so much extra stuff. Bike handles much better without all kinds of stuff and extra weight, strapped all over the back end.