How do you pack your bagger?

Thread: How do you pack your bagger?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This thread has some interesting info for sure. Everyone has different needs and requirements, that's for sure. In my early years of cross-country riding (70's) I traveled very light and had all kinds of stuff tied to my bike with bungee cords, including tent, sleeping bag, clothes, etc. Very little in the way of tools or well-designed riding gear like we have today. It was pretty much a mess, but served my purpose at a low cost.

For my F6B:
    • Left saddlebag (my goal is to never open this bag on a trip): A few tools, tire plug kit, small air compressor, rain gear, warm gear (riding in the mountains you have to be prepared for BIGGGG swings in temperatures at the higher elevations), Gerbings, small first-aid kit, extra gloves, Honda Cleaner/wax, extra bungee cords, and a few rags; and my 32G USB plugged in for music.
    • Right saddlebag (easy access and try not to overload): Dual USB charging port with power at all times (can charge things when stopped for break or lunch as needed, couple of rags/cleaner, tennis or walking shoes, a few healthy snack bars (low sugar and fat), sunblock spray, USB power pack for charging anything USB such as Sena stuff and phone (if power pack needed; I could leave this behind very easily), pretty large Leatherman tool, tire gauge, extra jacket as needed/desired, long-sleeve shirt, paper maps, backbrace when not wearing it, ballcap, reading glasses, extra USB cords, and my digital SLR camera if I plan to take pictures with it. Quite a few of the items are in a zippered bag to keep them compact and in-place.
    • Bag strapped to the rear seat (I ride solo; might be a larger bag or a smaller one, depending upon if the trip is 3-days or a longer trip): One pair jeans, tee-shirts, socks, toiletry items and medications in a mesh bag that fits into a solid nylon bag, charging cables, powered drink mixes to add to water in my Butler Cup on the handlebars, couple more snack bars,couple of ziplock bags (gallon, quart, and snack size), tall kitchen bag for dirty clothes, sandals, and usually a few other things.
    • Left cubby in fairing: Midland 75-822 CB wired to aux power and CB antenna (installed in place of radio stub antenna), Sena SR10 for controlling CB push-to-talk and convert to Bluetooth to allow use of CB with my Sena 20S EVO in the helmet.
    • Center glovebox: Garagedoor opener, lip balm, the small helmet cable, footstand for the sidestand (in case on soft dirt), sunblock (cream), hand sanitizer, extra sunglass lenses (clear, yellow, and another dark set), bike registration and insurance cards, small notebook and pen, earplugs, small knife, extra sunglass lenses (yellow, clear, and dark), eyedrops, and coughdrops.
    • Handlebars: Butler cup and Zumo 395LM GPS.
    • On me: Riding pants, riding jacket, gloves, helmet, riding boots, and sunglasses with interchangeable lenses.

So, I can easily do any length trip. If more than one week, I just wash clothes at the end of each week.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

How do you guys like the Butler cup? Is it the one to get?
    stevenolts