Fog light wiring terminal location?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog light wiring terminal location?

Fog light wiring terminal location?

G'Day everyone.
    I received my SoCal Pathfinder LED fog/driving lamps the other day from the US and spent today fitting them.
    My bike is an Australian spec 2015 F6B with cruise and reverse.
    For the life of me, I cant find the OEM wiring block for the Fog lights.
    Ive used Cruiser-mans fitting video on YouTube to guide my process, but no matter where I look, I cant find the wiring blocks under the removed cowling. I know they should be under black tape, which needs removing, but still no luck.
    Ive wired the indicator function to my mirror wiring, no problems there at least.
    Has anyone who has fitted Fog lights got any hints on where the cables may be please?
    ALSO!!!, I still haven't been able to locate the relevant power feed block in the left side wiring loom for the Fog switch. Again, any hints?
    Thanks fellas. This has been a pretty frustrating days modding.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

We have another member down under, he discovered you don't have the lower driving light harness. Might want to touch base with him to see what he did to correct the situation. Check with "Cosborn"
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

G'day Ken you will have to use alternate wiring as there is no plugs on our Oz versions. I hooked up MP3's 960 lights to mine and used a diagram I got off the net (I think it was from the Hella site.) You can take your power from the spare ACC point on the fuse box.

Regards Woody.

Bugger!

G'Day fellas.
    Thanks for that info. It was driving me mad looking for the connectors!
    Bugger.
    I'll do the search you suggested Woody and place the link here for any other Aussie spec bike owners that may wish to do this mod. Wish someone sold a wiring loom for this issue.
    Ive contacted Chris (Cosborn) as suggested FLA thanks mate and hopefully he will have some info on the matter.
    Best wishes and thanks again fellas.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

For the switch block I don't know for the Aussie models since you don't have the harness for lights where they are for US models. I installed EC fog lights and was having problems finding the switch connector. Where I did eventually find it was below and to the right of the radio and tucked in close.Initially all I could see was a black wiring harness but looking down into the cavity there is a white plastic guard with the wires held in place with a zip tie. I undid the zip lock and tugged gently on the harness and found an open black connector inside the white guard.It fits the switch connector with no problem. Again not sure of your wiring but mine was hidden pretty good.
    Once I got things hooked up and tested I put it back which took a little messing around with the extra wire -even put the tie back to hold things in place.
    Good Luck !

Ebay to the rescue.

Thanks Grendle.
    I did use the connector in that location for the switch, which is now illuminated at least. It only had two wires populated in stead of the four in the on off switch, so Ill get the multimeter out to see what it does.
    I went to Ebay Oz and purchased a heavy duty driving light wiring harness so will run that from the fuse panel and on off switch once it arrives.
    I'll get there eventually.
    Now to fit the led relay upgrade ( looking forward to that like a dose of warts!) and the Kuryarkyn tail led assembly.
    Best wishes fellas.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Sounds like you're on the right track Ken. The Hella spot and fog light wiring diagram's aren't solely for the F6B they were a general use tool that I found very helpful. For instance here in Queensland SPOT lights must run through your dimmer switch whereas FOG lights do not.

I also ran mine through a Relay they are simple to install and once again the Hella relay came with it's own diagram.

Cheers Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
    G'Day everyone.
    I received my SoCal Pathfinder LED fog/driving lamps the other day from the US and spent today fitting them.
    My bike is an Australian spec 2015 F6B with cruise and reverse.
    For the life of me, I cant find the OEM wiring block for the Fog lights.
    Ive used Cruiser-mans fitting video on YouTube to guide my process, but no matter where I look, I cant find the wiring blocks under the removed cowling. I know they should be under black tape, which needs removing, but still no luck.
    Ive wired the indicator function to my mirror wiring, no problems there at least.
    Has anyone who has fitted Fog lights got any hints on where the cables may be please?
    ALSO!!!, I still haven't been able to locate the relevant power feed block in the left side wiring loom for the Fog switch. Again, any hints?
    Thanks fellas. This has been a pretty frustrating days modding.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    Mate - I live in Toowoomba and have the same bike and issue - I sent an email to the manufacturer and here is the response - in summary Tough Luck.

Hi Brian,

First I’d like to say that yes, you should have no troubles installing this on your bike. The wiring may be different as you’ve suggested, however the mounting should be exactly the same. You may want to ensure that you’ve re-installed the factory block offs on each side as noted in step7 and figures 3&4. This is the most common error in the installation of these lights. I apologize for the inconvenience of this not wiring directly to your Australian version, however we design our entire product line for the North American version and we do not have an Australian model available here. If you have any further questions regarding this product please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Dan Brunclik

Big Bike Parts, Inc.

P: (715) 234-3336

F: (715) 234-6872

E: danb@bigbikeparts.com

W: www.bigbikeparts.com

G'day Baytown, I'de be interested in finding out how you eventually set up your lights, mine are still in their box.

You would think that it would be cheaper for Honda to produce a standard machine as against individualising them for a range of markets. We do have ABS though, don't know if the lated US models have it fitted yet.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    G'day Baytown, I'de be interested in finding out how you eventually set up your lights, mine are still in their box.

You would think that it would be cheaper for Honda to produce a standard machine as against individualising them for a range of markets. We do have ABS though, don't know if the lated US models have it fitted yet.

Chris
    Gents, it can be done, I put them on mine but I also have 40 years of electronics under my belt, you need to get the right connectors that match those on the lights and run the wires back to the connector that is under the fairing on the left side of the bike, this connector only comes with two wires for our bikes but it needs 4 terminals to do the job, the extra two terminals have to be obtained. The job took me some time and the disassembly of the bike is great enough that you may as well go the extra distance and check your air filter while your are at it. Is it a job for an auto electrician, only if he/she is able to properly dismantle your bike and put it back together properly. I found a post on a goldwing site that had a drawing of the fog light setup but I can't remember what it was.

Best of luck Denis