New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today

New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today

Had a set of the Dunlop Elite 4s installed on my 2016 F6B Deluxe today. Sounds like lots of folks like them. I got 10,124 miles on the OEM Bridgestones. The rear tire was right at the wear indicator and the front was getting pretty close, so decided to take advantage of the $75 rebate (tires and service/installation). I don't like thin rubber and it is just not worth saving a few bucks to get that last few miles and the risk that it brings, plus I have a 2k mile trip coming up in a few weeks.

I don't ride "aggressive" but my riding is "spirited," although it is much more "tamed" than it was in my earlier years. I put 150,000+ miles on my 2002 Wing and tried just about all the tires at one time or another, but eventually decided that the Bridgestones were the best overall for me. Their mileage was just never that great for me, usually about 8500 miles, but I really liked all other characteristics. Bridgestones are a great tire, but I thought I would give the Elite 4 a try. Sure hope that they are greatly improved over the Elite 3s, which I never liked (other than mileage).
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

The E4's are great tires. I had them on my Victory Cross Country. You should also get good mileage along with great handling in the curves.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Had a set of the Dunlop Elite 4s installed on my 2016 F6B Deluxe today. Sounds like lots of folks like them. I got 10,124 miles on the OEM Bridgestones. The rear tire was right at the wear indicator and the front was getting pretty close, so decided to take advantage of the $75 rebate (tires and service/installation). I don't like thin rubber and it is just not worth saving a few bucks to get that last few miles and the risk that it brings, plus I have a 2k mile trip coming up in a few weeks.

I don't ride "aggressive" but my riding is "spirited," although it is much more "tamed" than it was in my earlier years. I put 150,000+ miles on my 2002 Wing and tried just about all the tires at one time or another, but eventually decided that the Bridgestones were the best overall for me. Their mileage was just never that great for me, usually about 8500 miles, but I really liked all other characteristics. Bridgestones are a great tire, but I thought I would give the Elite 4 a try. Sure hope that they are greatly improved over the Elite 3s, which I never liked (other than mileage).
    I think you will like them fine...I have about 6,000 miles on mine and they still look like new and are wearing great..Regards and ride safe

I think you will like the Elite 4s. I am getting ready to replace the set I have on my F6B in the next month. I am very satisfied with the handling on all road surfaces both when the road is dry and when it is wet. The best feature of these tires is the that they wear better than anything I have ever had on any bike. The set I am taking off is coming up on 19,000 miles which is a lot more than I have ever gotten out of any motorcycle tire. I check my pressures on a regular basis and replace tires as a complete set.

I hope you enjoy your new tires
    Az Wingrider

Thanks for the comments. Hoping I have good luck with them also.

I installed a set last week. Went to Lake George for a few days, put just under 1,000 on them. Felt squishy on tar snakes on some twisties. I slipped a bit. Haven't hit any rain yet. Smooth and nice handling otherwise. Jury is still out for me.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I have about 12k on a front the center harder compound has many miles left in it. The edge 1/3 on each side very definitely showing much more wear and I likely replace in 2-3k miles. The recent rear has about 2k miles looking fine. I bought a cheap Chinese tpms system off Amazon to monitor presyyres

Had 12,000 miles on my OEM's and went with Elite 4's. At 20,000 miles they have no flat spot in the center (my OEM's did at 8,000).
    They are wearing great. Will do E4's again when needed.

Having the 4's put on now. Pick up Tues. Heading out on a 5 wk summer journey. Hoping this tires will be decent in the flat lands and at 10K ft.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

I now have the 4 on the front and bridgestone on the back. Works great for me. The 4 on the back I found to be to slippery in corners especially in the rain. I ride aggressively so you should have no problems. I lost the rear end 4 times with the 4 on the back and 0 times with the original stones.
    Ride safe and enjoy