Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
I tried replacing my stock Stones with the E4's, front and rear, when I replaced the originals @ 13,500 miles. @ about 1500 miles the rear tires started to get very noisy and picked up a vibration when I turned left or right and got off center. I left them on and when I got to about 6000 miles it was getting so bad that I went ahead and went back to a set of stock Bridgestones. The front tire by then was also starting to cup and wear pretty badly in the middle. I have a Super Brace on the bike and I also have changed out the neck bearings for the Allballz tapered bearing so any wear on the front was just plain tire wear. The E 4's also always felt like the bike wanted to wander off of center to the left or right. Probably due to the high center performance design of the tires.
I have almost 3k on the Stones and absolutely no wear so far and the bike seems to track more steadily and stay centered more. Hope this helps, looks like I am one of the few here who was not impressed with the E 4's but that is my opinion.
Spot on. My same experience. Mine are wearing ok, but all of the above.