New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today

I really liked the overall performance of the Bridgestones. As indicated earlier, I could only get abut 8,500 miles on rear on the many sets that I used on my 02 Wing. Just got 10,124 on the stock Bridgestones on my F6B. I am amazed at the mileage that some get on their Stones. I don't ride aggressive, but not even close to some on the mileage. I replace my tires when they hit the wear bar, so presume that some others do so also. I could probably have gotten another 2k miles, but the rubber would be so thin it is just not worth the risk in both handling and punture potential. Perhaps I use the throttle too much!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    I tried replacing my stock Stones with the E4's, front and rear, when I replaced the originals @ 13,500 miles. @ about 1500 miles the rear tires started to get very noisy and picked up a vibration when I turned left or right and got off center. I left them on and when I got to about 6000 miles it was getting so bad that I went ahead and went back to a set of stock Bridgestones. The front tire by then was also starting to cup and wear pretty badly in the middle. I have a Super Brace on the bike and I also have changed out the neck bearings for the Allballz tapered bearing so any wear on the front was just plain tire wear. The E 4's also always felt like the bike wanted to wander off of center to the left or right. Probably due to the high center performance design of the tires.
    I have almost 3k on the Stones and absolutely no wear so far and the bike seems to track more steadily and stay centered more. Hope this helps, looks like I am one of the few here who was not impressed with the E 4's but that is my opinion.
    Spot on. My same experience. Mine are wearing ok, but all of the above.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

My OEM Stones lasted 11,500 on the rear; 16,000 on the front. I now have almost 8000 miles on the replacement rear Stone, and it still looks like it has lots of treadwear left. Weird.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6