New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    one time turning left at a t junction in the rain. The rear tire lost traction and spun out almost to no return.
    one time on the tail of the dragon on a turn riding aggressively on a dry road
    one time turning right of a main road in 2nd gear.
    one time turning right off a main road in 1st gear on a dry road with a bit off dirt
    Put 23,000 kilometers on those tires..in each time I just grip the tank off the gas slightly and ride it out.
    so the rear feels slippery to me me with those tires..only my opinion based off my riding style.

put 64000 kilometers on 3 sets of stones and never repeated the above

hope this answers your questions..ride safe and enjoy
    I was really happy with the stock Bridgestones and averaged 18,000 miles on five sets, but decided to try the E4's. I have about 10,000 miles on them now and although they are wearing great, I have experienced similar "loss of traction" events as lloydmoore. I never experienced any of these issues in the 90,000 miles I put on Stones. I don't like the trade off and will go back to Bridgestones if these E4's ever wear out.

Lots of great info shared by everyone. I’m doing a Colorado mountains day ride on Monday so I’ll have an initial impression of how I compare them with the Stones. My buddy is putting a set Friday on his Valk Interstate. 2k mike trip the 2nd week in July will show me how they work for me in most conditions.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 06-19-2018 at 09:12 PM.

My OEM Stones lasted 11,500 on the rear; 16,000 on the front. I now have almost 8000 miles on the replacement rear Stone, and it still looks like it has lots of treadwear left. Weird.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6