new mustang seats are being repaired/not replaced?

Thread: new mustang seats are being repaired/not replaced?

new mustang seats are being repaired/not replaced?

Just got off phone with Jan from customer service at Mustang, she said my seat had been repaired and was awaiting packaging to be sent back to me. I told her I was under the impression that the old seats were being discarded and a new seat had been designed, she said this was not the case. She said the adjustments on the old seats would make them fit properly. I hope the nose of the seat goes further up the gas tank area to cover the 2 screws there. Jim

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    One can only wait and see what was done,,, when will yours arrive?

Jim, I personally talked to Dave at Mustang, 8 days ago, and informed him that the MOLD for the seat pan needed to be changed. He agreed with me, because the seat he had in his hands...the prototype seat, had a different bump/raise on the bottom, towards the front, and it fit on the bike okay. Not perfect, but okay. When we compared measurements...to the nano...he agreed that the seat pan mold must have slipped, and that the mold would have to be redone.

I would be very leary of a change made to the seat, that did not include a seat pan being remolded. But, as Scott already said, time will tell once you get the seat in your hands.

Edit: Here is a copy of the exact e-mail that Dave sent to me:

"Miles,

Great talking with you yesterday! Wow……. Never knew or meet anyone with that many miles under their butt! The lightening event is incredible too! I have stories of almost death occurrences, but you have me beat by Miles! (yes…….. pun intended) Thanks for all your feedback on the F6B seat. Great to know a nuclear physicist is watching our back! We are addressing the problem as we speak. I believe you folks will embrace the new seat pan design. Not sure if you can help me with a posting on the forum site with this wording. Only a few are out there and we want to correct this ASAP. Ride On! "

I talked to Dave today. He told me me new seat is being shipped tomorrow. They haven't even received my first seat back yet. It is still in transit.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    If the mold slipped, and the pans are whacked, there would be no real reason to scrap the cover,,, "Rebuilt" can mean many different things.

Pretty sure they won't be sending out stuff that, when mounted on the bike, doesn't look, act, or function any different than a 'new' one.

Also sure they will come with the same warranty as 'new'.