Close calls

Thread: Close calls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got over 200,000 miles of seat time since the '66. Probably only 3 or 4 real pucker up calls.

One with a garbage can that flew off the back of a pickup truck I was following, a deer, a road gator and an asshole 18 wheeler that thought it was fun riding off on the berm to kick up gravel and then swerve into me when I would try to pass. I slow down, he slow down, I speed up, he speed up. It was n a two lane back road, no traffic and no houses, coming back from Sturgis. I finally found a place to stop and he stopped. I was camping at Sturgis and had gear with me. Went to my saddle bags and pulled out my hatchet and went to have a discussion with the idiot. Screaming some choice words and waving the hatchet as I approached his door, he flipped me the finger, laughed and drove off. I don't know if the qualifies as a close call but it sure pissed me off!

I ride like I am invisible to everyone but they are all out to get me! Especially at cross roads and streets. Never trust a stop light, stop sign or turn signal.

I don't know how many a year but it's a lot more than 1 or 2 times.
    Just yesterday I had 2 with deer, one I came around a blind corner in the woods and it was just standing in the middle of the road, and later on they was one deer running at full speed in a field at a 45 degree angle headed for me. Both times I hit the brakes or else I would've been eating venison.
    The deer are bad this time of the year, we put about 100 miles on yesterday and saw 8 deer.
    Got to be careful and kept the eyes open I don't drive at night if I don't have to.

"I ride like I am invisible to everyone but they are all out to get me!" My moto also, been riding like you for a hundred years, a few close ones, but today it seems as we are targets. Not only for vehicles, but wildlife is on to us now also.
    Stay safe and live by the creed "we are invisible"