Out with the old Zumo, in with the new

Thread: Out with the old Zumo, in with the new

Out with the old Zumo, in with the new

Well, I think I've given up on my old Zumo 550 for motorcycle use but will still use it in the car I imagine.

The motorcycle mount broke internally/electrically somehow. It's gotten to be a pain to update anyway so I just ordered the new Zumo 595 LM.

Will be looking for the easiest way to tie it into the Sena headsets, one or both of our phones and perhaps the bike radio. Already have a Sena SM10 bluetooth transmitter which works great. Will just need to decide how to tie them all together when the new GPS gets here.

Any insights would be great appreciated.

You will like the 595. Top of the line GPS unit. It is easy to tie into the bike sound system and easy to blue tooth music from the phone in your pocket. I'm guessing not hard to add the headset which will also give you phone call ability. You might want the blank plate found on e-bay that you put into the mount to cover up the connections when the unit itself is somewhere else.
    IMG_4285.JPG

Use your SM 10, just plug your Zumo into the SM 10s aux plug and directions will
    Cut out music and give you the directions.
    I use an SM 10 with my headset jack plugged into the music jack and zumo
    Plugged into aux of SM 10
    This allows me to listen to XM radio in cubby and thumb drive in bag and radio.
    I can also make and get phone calls.