Used Russell seat on EBay - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used Russell seat on EBay

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    One ride to work I can definitely say this seat is hands down more comfortable than the Mustang or Stock...For my legs and bottom, otherwise it completely destroys my ergonomics. My back aches after the short ride. Need helibars or something to correct the angles. Even tho it wasn't built for me this seat is really comfortable and I can easily see why RDL has such a following. I can only imagine what one made for me would feel like. Helibars were already on my list so it's not a big deal, however I'm disappointed I can't use this seat for the time being.
    Did it put you too close, too high or back further?
    Questioning as they are starting on one for me this week.

It put me way to high for the stock bar height. It's probably 1.5"to 2" thicker than stock so 3"+ thicker than my mustang. My wrists were around my belly button. I think it sat me back a little but not to much. Honestly I was so aggravated by the height issue I didn't notice much else.

Can't worry about it but paying the big bucks I hope they make it right the first time.

I bought this one off of ebay, yours will be built to fit you. My concern would be the seat height as RDL's are known to run tall.

It's a bit of a risk buying a secondhand RDL seat. As Kokomo Kev pointed out they are custom made to suit someone else's bum and riding position.

I knew it was a risk but the seller claimed to have the same inseam as I do. I knew I'd end up having one built but thought this could work for a bit. Good research tho, now I know to get Helibars first.