New member - advice needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member - advice needed

Welcome and start brushing up on oil types, tire pressure, and rear shock adjustment. Lots of Masterdebating about these things constantly. Rotella, 39psi, 17 clicks.

As I tell my doctor - I am not over weight - I am under tall. So I will look into a mustang seat. Would be nice to get at least another 1/2 inch lower.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Canuck View Post
    As I tell my doctor - I am not over weight - I am under tall. So I will look into a mustang seat. Would be nice to get at least another 1/2 inch lower.
    Mustang will do that for you nicely. Depending on your 'under tall' size, handlebar risers will complete the perfect setup so seating position and reach to bars are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Mustang will do that for you nicely. Depending on your 'under tall' size, handlebar risers will complete the perfect setup so seating position and reach to bars are spot on.
    I am 5’7” with a 29” inseam. Been reading about the mustang seats and sounds like I may be able to get as much as 1” lower. I will be looking into this.

will wait on the risers. Did a 2.5 hour ride this morning around hanging rock NC and they felt very comfortable. Been looking for an OEM passenger backrest but not finding one. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Canuck View Post
    I am 5’7” with a 29” inseam. Been reading about the mustang seats and sounds like I may be able to get as much as 1” lower. I will be looking into this.

will wait on the risers. Did a 2.5 hour ride this morning around hanging rock NC and they felt very comfortable. Been looking for an OEM passenger backrest but not finding one. Any suggestions?
    I'd suggest trying out the Mustang seat (on someone else's bike if possible) before looking at a backrest. I used to love the backrest on my Corbin seat with my VTX but found I really didn't miss it when I got the Mustang for the B. It has a nice wedge shape that offers some good very low (tailbone) support. You won't have the mid-low back support a backrest offers but if your reach to bars is right you can sit right back in the wedge of the Mustang and it works pretty well. I'm your size and added risers. Wasn't absolutely necessary but because the Mustang sits you back a little further than stock seat it did bring the reach to the bars back to a relaxed (elbows bent) position.

Start looking for the kit to add a back rest luggage rack first to see if you can
    .find one with the red parts to match your bike.
    look on evil bay for your other parts. Also a rack will make things a lot easier
    for you also.