2015 F6B with 88k
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B with 88k

2015 F6B with 88k

Greetings everyone,

Opinions on a 2015 F6B with 88k miles. Bike looks good and it is located at a dealership. I know wings are famous for being pretty indestructible and 88k is not that much in the grand scheme of things as long as the maintenance has been kept up. But that is a lot of miles in a relatively short period of time. Opinions?

Defiant77

Bike should be just fine, if it was maintained correctly. You didn't mention the price $$$ they are asking. Ask for any maintainence records, check the manufacture date on both tires, and tread depth. Try and get a look at the engine oil, get some on your finger, and give it a smell. Check for a "burned" odor. Look for any leaks, engine, radiator, and have a look at the final drive oil, if you can. Ask for the proof of the brake recall being done and the condition of the brake pads and rotors. Put the bike on the centerstand, and rotate the rear wheel, check for brake drag. If the bike was kept up well, all should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Bike should be just fine, if it was maintained correctly. You didn't mention the price $$$ they are asking. Ask for any maintainence records, check the manufacture date on both tires, and tread depth. Try and get a look at the engine oil, get some on your finger, and give it a smell. Check for a "burned" odor. Look for any leaks, engine, radiator, and have a look at the final drive oil, if you can. Ask for the proof of the brake recall being done and the condition of the brake pads and rotors. Put the bike on the centerstand, and rotate the rear wheel, check for brake drag. If the bike was kept up well, all should be good!
    They are asking $9585 and it is the matt gray. looks like it has driver and passenger back rests, luggage rack and floor boards, can't tell what else from the photos. Looks good.

I would definately add an extended warranty with a used bike that the full knowledge of is not available and check the carfax also..... Extended warranty can run 600-1000 at a dealership if it is still available on that bike

Thanks for the info. I did find out that the previous owner bought the bike from a dealership down in the Miami area and rode Iron Butt a lot (obviously) representing the Honda shop where he purchased it and they performed all the service and maintenance work. The sales manager told me that he would get me the records and have them when I go to look and ride the bike. So far it looks pretty good.

Better be careful riding that bike. You'll go for a short afternoon ride and wind up in Butte Montana.

Honey we need a gallon of milk. Ok, your car is blocking mine. I’ll just take the bike....... an hour and a half later the wife calls her husband. Husbands blue tooth rings in his helmet. Honey I needed that milk right away. Husband, I’m trying to get home but the bike has other ideas. A week later her husband still has not returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant77 View Post
    They are asking $9585 and it is the matt gray. looks like it has driver and passenger back rests, luggage rack and floor boards, can't tell what else from the photos. Looks good.
    I'd look for one that had less miles on it. I know they go forever, but that one is half way to forever, and the price, at least to me, doesn't reflect that.

Check Cycle Trader, ebay, craigslist & this forum (listing for just bikes for sale @ top. check the older ones too) you might find a real steal. With that much mileage, I doubt if the dealer has much money in it as a trade in. I'm betting there's better deals to be had. As great a bike as the B's are, people aren't beating down the door to buy them.

I would get the records, and check them closely. Also, I wouldn't go much past $8000, tax included. At least it's the fastest color!