2015 F6B with 88k - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B with 88k

All good advice. Definitely going to try and get the maintenance records and give them a going over. The miles seem high to some and not so much to others. It depends on the upkeep for me. On the other hand, I am also checking out a 2013 red on this week with only 2.5K on it, with an asking price of $10k. Also a good looking bike and also very tempting.

Just my opinion....and every market is different...but just because the GWs are basically indestructible does not mean one with nearly 90,000 miles on it is worth almost $10,000.

These miles do not hurt the engine, but every other part on that bike has been rolling through 90,000 miles ... shocks, forks, bearings, clutch, and so on. Inevitably, this is a motorcycle that will need some maintenance and repair.

I wonder what this dealer gave the previous owner on trade. Dare I say half that price, reflected in either a straight up deal or worked into the price of the new bike...

As others have said, buyers have purchased an F6B with fewer than half the miles for less than than the price on this bike ... and, as much as we love this bike, it is not a hot commodity in the used bike market.

This is only my opinion ... take it or leave it ... best of luck.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

The red is not a red metallic.... no shine on the red factory F6B color.

Thats a lot of miles, And the price is a little high.
    I prefer to put the miles on them self.
    If its a second bike then go for it. If its going to be your only bike, Hold out if you can and get one with fewer miles.
    You will be better off and you will also feel more confident that you won't be spending money on maintenance right away.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    ITS ALL GOOD

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I bought my 2013 F6BD (Black) at WOW motorcycles in Marietta, GA. Just a little north of ATL. Mine had 20k miles on it, for under $11k.

Bologny the motor and tranny on the F6B is good for 300,000 plus miles 20k is barely broken in.........
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

There is 2 2013's in my neck of the woods one with 0 miles on it and one with 2500 miles on it for 12K. They might be older but 9500 for a 2015 is to much.
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Agreed. I have made a deal for a red 2013 with 4k on it and it is just what I am looking for. I prefer private sellers over dealerships since they charge such ridiculous fees. I understand they have to make a profit, but some of them are real predators. I looked at a 13 in Ocala and the dealer prep fee was nearly $1k and the bike could not be test ridden. They said it was because they take all the fluids out of the bikes on the showroom. Needless to say I walked out on that one even though I was willing to pay cash. The multi-location dealerships are getting as bad as car lots.

Defiant77

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant77 View Post
    Agreed. I have made a deal for a red 2013 with 4k on it and it is just what I am looking for. I prefer private sellers over dealerships since they charge such ridiculous fees. I understand they have to make a profit, but some of them are real predators. I looked at a 13 in Ocala and the dealer prep fee was nearly $1k and the bike could not be test ridden. They said it was because they take all the fluids out of the bikes on the showroom. Needless to say I walked out on that one even though I was willing to pay cash. The multi-location dealerships are getting as bad as car lots.

Defiant77
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Yea, lots of the dealers here in FL. are rip offs w/ their dealer rip off fees for this, that, & the other. If you don't ask, you never know about them until it's time to close the deal. Indian dealer in Ocala is almost $2,000 bucks. The old / defunked Honda dealer in Eustis was over $1400, don't know about the new owners. Another thing they like to do is write your deal down (w/o fees) on the back of a business card or a scrap piece of paper. If it's not a OTD (out the door) price, on a invoice w/ a company letter head, I'm walking...……………….. The Indian dealer in NC had a $63 paperwork fee, plus he beat every bodies deal close to $2k. Well worth the drive to P/U the new '16 Indian Chief w/ a Corvette Red & Pearl White custom paint job. Shortly after I brought it, I test rode a "B" & the beautiful, top heavy Indian had to go...…………….. Love my B.