Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C

Why did you sell the FJR? The F6B and FJR are the combo in my garage, and I like it!

The short first gear is perfect for trailer towing. I take off in second most of the time. No trailer.
    When riding with Harleys my second gear seems close to their first.
    There are some instances where first works great. Like taking off going up hill.
    Happens a lot over here in northeastern Ohio.
    I can take off in first with NO throttle. Even second gear takes off easy.
    Love my B
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    The short first gear is perfect for trailer towing. I take off in second most of the time. No trailer.
    When riding with Harleys my second gear seems close to their first.
    There are some instances where first works great. Like taking off going up hill.
    Happens a lot over here in northeastern Ohio.
    I can take off in first with NO throttle. Even second gear takes off easy.
    Love my B
    Yep, with my B I've taken off in first with no throttle, shifted to second, then shifted to third before it started to bog down a little, all with no throttle on level ground.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Why did you sell the FJR? The F6B and FJR are the combo in my garage, and I like it!
    The FJR just wan't the perfect bike for me. I found I was riding the FJR with my full faced helmet when the weather was cooler, and riding the F6B with half helmet when warmer. I'm fine with the B in cooler weather as well but I want more wind for hotter weather, and neither the B nor the FJR provide the amount of wind I'm seeking.
    I'm sure I'll miss the FJR on occasion, I may even end up with one again in the future.

The F6B is the cream of the crop and for a bar hopper I acquired a nearly new Nightrod to let me feel the wind when I want to. And how often is that. The F6B is perfect for almost all occasions. blew2.jpg

To the original poster: Have you looked at an Indian Scout? It might be exactly what you are looking for.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Ditto the scout,I bought the bobber version then stage 1 .wow what a hoot wind in face bike.I will not ever vtwin abig bike again but indian scout line is great bar or up town ripper.Shoot I go out with other type bikes sportsters etc and this scout clearly is on another level. Check em out

As a lucky guy with more than one bike, my only comment is why would you want 2 bikes that are so similar? I rode the new Valk once when the F6B was in the shop; Didn't really appreciate any difference in the experience - except feeling uncomfortable with the (questionable) styling... Go full naked - either sport or cruiser. The Indian tracker that's just been announced would be high on my list. Marital discord would be next on the list however....

I appreciate the suggestions but I think I'm done with V twin cruisers for a while. I can't even stand the parallel twin naked bikes. I need smooth power.
    Today I test rode the Valkyrie and the CB650F. The Valkyrie was better than I expected.
    The CB650F was the most comfortable sport bike I've ever ridden but it still felt like a moped after my F6B and the Valkyrie. If there was a CB1000F I might choose it. The CB1000R isn't upright enough for me since I'm old and out of shape.
    The CB1100 air cooled unit was too expensive and not comfortable enough. I think the target crowd is folks who miss their 70s CB bike.
    I test rode the Valkyrie again, searching for something to dislike, especially reach to handlebars, but I really liked it. My biggest complaint is that I think the the foot pegs are too far forward, which isn't surprising since I think the F6B pegs are a little too far forward. Placing my feet on the passenger pegs of the Valk is almost perfect so I have many options once I add highway pegs. I'm sure I'll still put more miles on the F6B each year but I'm liking the Valk as a 'perfect weather' bike.
    I may still check out the Z900.

I have a 2015 f6c and the heat goes out to the side, nor back. Im looking at selling mine and buying a f6b. only a little over 1000 miles on it with almost 3 years warranty left on it. It is the red with a 15in. Gustafsson windshield, nelson-rig tailbag and wheel stripes.