Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C

Thread: Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jason / Verismo,
    Thanks much, this is exactly the feedback I'm seeking.
    I'm 5'9" with an 11" ------- on my B but I'm still begging for more wind when it is hot but less wind when it is cold.
    The first gear comment interests me greatly because I too believe the 1st gear on the B is terrible. If it is worse on the C.....
    Also, ride by wire is one of the things that has me very interested in the '18 Wing. The throttle control on my '13 FJR was superior to the F6b. Not sure I want to take a step backward there.
    If nothing else, I'll have to pay very special attention to the ergos during the test ride. Sitting on the showroom floor I didn't notice any issues with the bar reach but showroom floor never equals real riding position.
    Thanks much for your response. This will help me focus on the correct area during the test ride.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Cant say anything about the 1800 F6C, as I dont have one but have a 1500 F6C that is the stable mate to my F6B. I love them both and ride each one for different reasons. I am on other forum devoted to both the 1500 and 1800 versions of the F6C. Most really like the newer version, but I hear lots about lack of much aftermarket parts to customize your ride for personal preference. the 1500 is long in the tooth now but still has a pretty good aftermarket customization parts base, and they are cheaper to buy than the 1800 F6C, but I would try one in the future.

I really never gave much thought about the first gear since I always start on second gear. In all honesty, second gear provides more than enough power and torque to get the bike moving. I should know since I live in West Virginia. I think that the only thing that bothers me a little is the fact that the F6B should have come with 6 gears instead the over drive, just my opinion. Many times I feel like I'm missing a gear and try to go for it just to realize I'm already in fifth.