Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Glad you found the info helpful, Jim. Good luck and happy miles either way!

Jason

Sounds like you need to jump on a VTX 1800 C. Mine has 80,000 miles on it and runs great. A different ride than the F6B, still heavy in the lean but with the right pipes, no windshield and a right wrist that wants to go WFO, you will not find a better ride! However, if speed and acceleration in not your thing, look elsewhere because that is what the 1800 is all about.

Ask Big Larry!

They are going for nothing, since Honda discontinued the line. Really, a great ride!

Quote Originally Posted by oldxtreme View Post
    Sounds like you need to jump on a VTX 1800 C. Mine has 80,000 miles on it and runs great. A different ride than the F6B, still heavy in the lean but with the right pipes, no windshield and a right wrist that wants to go WFO, you will not find a better ride! However, if speed and acceleration in not your thing, look elsewhere because that is what the 1800 is all about.

Ask Big Larry!

They are going for nothing, since Honda discontinued the line. Really, a great ride!
    Hehe, I love my VTX1800 stock and not so stock(I own 3 of them) my 03 "C" OEM stock engine with turbo VTX (160 RWHP) is a blast and so much fun I'm building another turbo VTX1800 with an highly modded engine set up to make 170/200 RWHP depending on how much boost I run.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thats an awesome looking "X" Must be so much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Hehe, I love my VTX1800 stock and not so stock(I own 3 of them) my 03 "C" OEM stock engine with turbo VTX (160 RWHP) is a blast and so much fun I'm building another turbo VTX1800 with an highly modded engine set up to make 170/200 RWHP depending on how much boost I run.

2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Thats an awesome looking "X" Must be so much fun.
    Yea...literally a kick in the pants if ya know what I mean, a real E ticket ride.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Why did you sell the FJR? The F6B and FJR are the combo in my garage, and I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Why did you sell the FJR? The F6B and FJR are the combo in my garage, and I like it!
    The FJR just wan't the perfect bike for me. I found I was riding the FJR with my full faced helmet when the weather was cooler, and riding the F6B with half helmet when warmer. I'm fine with the B in cooler weather as well but I want more wind for hotter weather, and neither the B nor the FJR provide the amount of wind I'm seeking.
    I'm sure I'll miss the FJR on occasion, I may even end up with one again in the future.
    Riding the upward spiral.

The F6B is the cream of the crop and for a bar hopper I acquired a nearly new Nightrod to let me feel the wind when I want to. And how often is that. The F6B is perfect for almost all occasions. blew2.jpg

The short first gear is perfect for trailer towing. I take off in second most of the time. No trailer.
    When riding with Harleys my second gear seems close to their first.
    There are some instances where first works great. Like taking off going up hill.
    Happens a lot over here in northeastern Ohio.
    I can take off in first with NO throttle. Even second gear takes off easy.
    Love my B
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    The short first gear is perfect for trailer towing. I take off in second most of the time. No trailer.
    When riding with Harleys my second gear seems close to their first.
    There are some instances where first works great. Like taking off going up hill.
    Happens a lot over here in northeastern Ohio.
    I can take off in first with NO throttle. Even second gear takes off easy.
    Love my B
    Yep, with my B I've taken off in first with no throttle, shifted to second, then shifted to third before it started to bog down a little, all with no throttle on level ground.
    Riding the upward spiral.