First Multi-day Ride...

Thread: First Multi-day Ride...

First Multi-day Ride...

Over the years... I've ridden a variety of scoots... sports bikes, medium to big twins, and have heard about the virtues of the Goldwing experience. Well, just finished a 2,200 mile trip and I will say.... best damn ride of my life. The miles just slipped away... comfort, power, and handling with everything I needed packed away in the saddlebags and a medium-sized rack bag.

F6B Antelope OR 07-01-18 B.jpg

Oh yeah. Had one of those rides in early May to AZ-NM. Next week will be in northern WY (Big Horn Mountains) and then over to the Black Hills for a few days. Four bikes: My F6B, a Valk Interstate, a 2001 Wing, and a 2018 Indian Roadmaster. Will be a sweet trip with good friends!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Oh... and I averaged 46 mpg and there were two days with triple digit speeds (low end at 34 mpg).

We make the same Idaho, Wyoming , Montana, Nebraska, S Dakota, N Utah trek every year. Relatives there.
    To the point; these annual trips have been the most comfortable and enjoyable on our F6BD.

Have another 3000 mile loope through 5 states starting the 19th.
    Sorry about missing the Colorado Rally, but resting a best friend in the high Wyoming Rockies on this trip.

J
    Last edited by Dirtstiff's F6B; 07-06-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

My first long trip was the exact opposite.
    While the seat comfort and smoothness of the engine was awesome.
    I had a burning sensation between my shoulder blades that I couldn't get rid of due to the handlebar position that I never had on any of my Electra Glides.
    I ordered some Kury risers and i'm praying they work.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwizard View Post
    My first long trip was the exact opposite.
    While the seat comfort and smoothness of the engine was awesome.
    I had a burning sensation between my shoulder blades that I couldn't get rid of due to the handlebar position that I never had on any of my Electra Glides.
    I ordered some Kury risers and i'm praying they work.
    If their the ones that bring the bars in a little, they work great. With the stock bar position, I felt like I was getting ready to give the bike a big hug reaching for the bars. The risers I used moved the grips in a bit which really helped. For me, they feel natural now. I'm not reaching, their right where my elbows are bent instead of straight.
    ITS ALL GOOD

My shoulders get stiff on a long trip. I exercise them as I ride. I attribute it to non movement, and as long as I work them a little, I'm good to go. Just did a 621 mile trip yesterday. My wrist hurts a little though! Even with cruise, (which I hardly use...only when I feel discomfort), I enjoy being on the throttle. Cruise is a major pain in the azz. Still went for a little ride tonight. I love this bike.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    If their the ones that bring the bars in a little, they work great. With the stock bar position, I felt like I was getting ready to give the bike a big hug reaching for the bars. The risers I used moved the grips in a bit which really helped. For me, they feel natural now. I'm not reaching, their right where my elbows are bent instead of straight.
    They bring the bars up, in and back so i'm hoping this does it.