MC friendly hotels - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MC friendly hotels

Riding Near an Active Volcano

One of the best motel experiences I had was in Washington back in 1980, just days after the St. Helens eruption. Riding through areas near the volcano I encountered some pretty thick pockets of airborne ash. After a while there were audible indications that the abrasive ash was damaging my chain and sprocket. I also worried that it could get into the engine.

I checked in to a motel in Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula. While unpacking my bike the owner came out with a bucket, rags, and a hose to help me wash the ash off my bike. He also directed me to a gas station that would let me change my oil and blow out my air filter. My old Suzuki GS1000 made it through that 5,000 mile trip, in part due to that helpful motel owner.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean that as an insult, I've just found that to some people we're all 'bikers'. When checking into a hotel in western Colorado 2 weeks ago, the lady at the desk looked out at my white F6B and commented that I was 'riding a Harley'. It made no difference that I was wearing a white mesh jacket, and carrying a full face helmet, her body language said she'd prefer customers with 4 wheeled vehicles. I doubt she would have let me park under the canopy, even if I explained to her I was a motorcyclist!
    No problem my friend. I didn't take it as an insult at all. As a matter of fact, I think I misunderstood what you meant by "questionable". At first I thought you were referring to my version of the fire lane excuse. Then after I posted the reply I reread yours and decided that you were questioning the info that I was given. It's all good at my end, hope to meet you under the overhang someday.

Downtown Minneapolis Hilton explained Motorcycles are not allowed on their premises at any time. $256. Per night for a 7 day reservation. The room was paid for by a vendor but I was still pretty upset. The room didn't even have a Fridge. I ended up parking in another hotels parking garage for $20 per visit.

I have to say I'm generally treated real well when riding about anywhere. At the Star in Frisco security suggested I park in front of the player entrance in a no parking zone & they watch it for me.

Ya never know if you're gonna be treated bad till it slaps you in the face. I try my best to roll with it.