MC friendly hotels
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MC friendly hotels

MC friendly hotels

So I’m in Canton GA to have the full Monty done tomorrow. I’m staying at Country Inn and Suites and was told I can’t park under the awning. I stayed at Country Inn in Norman Ok and they let mc do that. I thought it might be helpful for everyone to post their experiences with different hotels so that we know to to stay with.

When I travel I stay mostly at Hampton Inns. Most of the time they will offer to let me park under the roof of the entrance. One time(I can't remember where)it wasn't offered so I asked if it would be alright. The desk clerk said they can't do it anymore because it is considered to be a fire lane. So, I guess it depends on local ordinances as well as the individual hotel policy. It doesn't really bother me. I don't expect privledges just because I'm on 2 wheels. I put the cover on and go get a good night's sleep.

Bl Bike (2).jpg Once stopping about 10 at night somewhere in GA with a one month old VT1300 all loaded down I asked the deskclerk if I could park the new bike in the lobby so I would not have to unload it. She said ok, just have it out of here by 6 am before her uncle who owned the motel arrived... I think her last name was Patel.

Hampton Inn Motorcycle Parking

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    When I travel I stay mostly at Hampton Inns. Most of the time they will offer to let me park under the roof of the entrance. One time(I can't remember where)it wasn't offered so I asked if it would be alright. The desk clerk said they can't do it anymore because it is considered to be a fire lane. So, I guess it depends on local ordinances as well as the individual hotel policy. It doesn't really bother me. I don't expect privledges just because I'm on 2 wheels. I put the cover on and go get a good night's sleep.
    That sounds questionable. Fire lanes usually prohibit parking at all times, but arriving guests are always parking under those canopies. Maybe that clerk didn't like bikers.

I didn't know about that policy at Hampton Inns until last summer when a desk clerk encouraged me to park there. They are nice hotels, though I still have a soft spot for the old mom and pop places where you can park right outside of your door. Here's a great one I found on Route 66:

Last edited by F6Dave; 07-03-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Same here. I have found Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn express to be pretty consistent. I want a clean room when I stop. Nice little breakfast is good too. I usually ask if I can park under the overhang. Most of the time it is no problem at all. If I can get a ground floor room I look to see if there is a parking spot I can see from my room window, underneath a light even better. Cover it up for the night and good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    That sounds questionable. Fire lanes usually prohibit parking at all times, but arriving guests are always parking under those canopies. Maybe that clerk didn't like bikers.

I didn't know about that policy at Hampton Inns until last summer when a desk clerk encouraged me to park there. They are nice hotels, though I still have a soft spot for the old mom and pop places where you can park right outside of your door. Here's a great one I found on Route 66:

Well Dave, I can't help what is questionable. I'm just relating my one experience, and I don't think that little gal had a problem with bikers which I don't consider myself one. I'm a motorcyclist.

There is an oldstyle motel in Robbinsville, NC called the San-Ran which is close to the Tail of the Dragon. The front porch runs full length of the rooms and is only a few inches higher than the parking area. The owner allows you to put your bike on the porch under cover of the roof at night in front of your window. There is also a barrel of older towels outside to wipe down your bikes with in the morning from dew, dust ect.

Back in the seventies on my 75 Harley Electra Glide I checked in one night into a huge truck stop/motel somewhere in Texas. The girl at the desk said if I leave the bike out it will be stolen. So I just rolled the bike into my first floor room. Of course I put something under the bike to catch the oil.
    Last edited by xgringo; 07-03-2018 at 09:00 PM.

I stay on a ground floor and drive it into the room.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Well Dave, I can't help what is questionable. I'm just relating my one experience, and I don't think that little gal had a problem with bikers which I don't consider myself one. I'm a motorcyclist.
    Sorry, I didn't mean that as an insult, I've just found that to some people we're all 'bikers'. When checking into a hotel in western Colorado 2 weeks ago, the lady at the desk looked out at my white F6B and commented that I was 'riding a Harley'. It made no difference that I was wearing a white mesh jacket, and carrying a full face helmet, her body language said she'd prefer customers with 4 wheeled vehicles. I doubt she would have let me park under the canopy, even if I explained to her I was a motorcyclist!